100-0 basketball game

Crossle

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=903780

DALLAS -- A Texas high school girls basketball team on the winning end of a 100-0 game has a case of blowout remorse.

Now officials from The Covenant School say they are trying to do the right thing by seeking a forfeit and apologizing for the margin of victory.

I think the bad judgment was in the full-court press and the 3-point shots," said Renee Peloza, whose daughter plays for Dallas Academy. "At some point, they should have backed off."

WTF call the waaaaaambulance.....

DALLAS -- A Texas high school girls basketball team on the winning end of a 100-0 game has a case of blowout remorse.

Now officials from The Covenant School say they are trying to do the right thing by seeking a forfeit and apologizing for the margin of victory.

I think the bad judgment was in the full-court press and the 3-point shots," said Renee Peloza, whose daughter plays for Dallas Academy. "At some point, they should have backed off."

BULLSHIT. I can't believe they're considering a forfeit. I wonder if it was the players' idea or someone else's. If I had a daughter on that team, I'd damn well make sure there wasn't a forfeit. Unless they cheated, they earned that win.

I watched on sportcenter, they mentioned the losing team was a school who specialized in teaching kids with 'learning differences'. The way i read this is that they beat a team of handicapped or LD kids, for this reason I think the winning team did the right thing. Seriously how much pride can you take when you destroy a team that cant even defend themselves?

Totally different scenario if it was two regular schools.

Shit, my high school got beat 0-91 in fucking FOOTBALL, they didn't cry about it, they know they suck. :lol:

Edit: 0-96, and they were downing it in the 4th quarter so they wouldn't run the score up anymore. :lol:

Edited by kenny

pussies

I watched on sportcenter, they mentioned the losing team was a school who specialized in teaching kids with 'learning differences'. The way i read this is that they beat a team of handicapped or LD kids, for this reason I think the winning team did the right thing. Seriously how much pride can you take when you destroy a team that cant even defend themselves?

Why the hell was that match up even made? The people who should be apologizing are the ones who thought it was ok to this mismatch.

Think about the losing team. Essentially they're hearing this "We beat your asses, but it was so bad, we're going to throw away the win because we can afford to." What are they supposed to think? That they can't win unless the other team GIVES it to them?

This is BS from bottom to top. Sometimes I think the stuff people do to "help" special needs kids feel "normal" is just downright cruel.

The article says kids with ADD or Dyslexia. Last time I checked, seeing words backwards does not keep you from shooting a basketball. Hell, I bet half the NBA is legally mentally handicapped based solely off of IQ. Doesn't mean they can't run fast and jump high.

Oh, and girls basketball = mens basketball under water.

Why the hell was that match up even made? The people who should be apologizing are the ones who thought it was ok to this mismatch.

Think about the losing team. Essentially they're hearing this "We beat your asses, but it was so bad, we're going to throw away the win because we can afford to." What are they supposed to think? That they can't win unless the other team GIVES it to them?

This is BS from bottom to top. Sometimes I think the stuff people do to "help" special needs kids feel "normal" is just downright cruel.

Bingo.