Will this CYA. Serious question

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

Will this hold up for judge joffy or whoever WE have down at the court system?

I don't want to do it but I am going to do it. The customer is not a complete stranger but I don't know about this one so I want to cover my ass like I was taught in business , however I don't know if this is good enough for Judge Judy or the like. Probably the only time I will do this , I probably should not!

So is it? Thank you!

"For work consisting of a timing belt and water pump replacement for Sm M***nda of 48** Broom ct

Columbus , Ohio 43232 , I William B Finn do agree to replace said components

as per my normal business transaction practice of which is to replace said parts as nessasary.

Given warning the customer of Sm Mnda of 48** Broo** ct Columbus Ohio , 43232 , does not

currently possess the proper bill amout of $375.00 U.S. currency to pay for the requested

repairs due at completion of this job on Sm M***nda's 2001 Acura CL Type S 3.2 liter v6.

In allowance agreeded upon between oral communication as well as written , William B Finn

, mechanic , agrees with Sm M****da to return the car to owner

Sm ****nda after completion of repairs consisting of water pump and timing belt replacement

without need for immediate payment. The agreed date on which payment due to be paid in full is

January 31st 2009.

Signed agreement on this day January 25th , 2009

Sm ****nda

William B Finn"

Add the consequences if he doesn't pay in time and the payment types you'll accept.

EDIT. Oh, and get a witness to sign it also. And as stated below me, collateral is an awesome idea too.

We always operated a little differently. If we had a suspicious customer, we just wouldn't let the car down to the ground until we had payment or something else worth the total bill in our hands. :)

Edited by nurkvinny

I am no legal guru but if you have documentation stating that he agreed to pay for repairs before you released the car to him. I would go after it. If you do not have documents chock it up as a loss and move on.

If he acts like a badass one time when you try and talk to him about paying for his repairs I would break his fucking knee.

I would get it notarized also Will, when you both sign it. Me personally, the only way I would go into it, is expecting that he probably wont pay without you getting it from him. So is it worth the hassle to you? Its nice to want to trust in people, but more often than not, you are let down. I would see if he will give you the title or some collateral of some sort. Either way, good luck and let me know if you ever want help collecting.

Look up "Mechanics Lien Law" You'll find everything you need. Even a state created standardized contract and letter for notice of legal action.

Cliffs on the Mechanics Lien Law, Allows a means businesses to use legal action to collect payment for services rendered. Still not really anything you can do if they don't want to pay, but if they play that game the law allows you to make their live very miserable.

Guest 614Streets
Change agreeded to agreed

Good one. Thank you for proof reading that.

This was for a job today that I just finished up. Thanks for the replies. I shall see if the customer becomes a problem or not! Collateral isn't a bad idea at all. I know this person a little bit outside of business and she works 7 days a week which is why I agreed to partial payment and returning the car same day. Had it signed this morning but did'nt think to witness it.

Guest Removed

dude..make a spare key. after they dont pay repo...lol

i never do shit like that

ill take half up front then start, so that way parts are covered, but they dont get the car till the rest is paid. you go giving the car back, then you better have some stuff in writing about interest on late payment etc.

Guest 614Streets
dude..make a spare key. after they dont pay repo...lol

i never do shit like that

ill take half up front then start, so that way parts are covered, but they dont get the car till the rest is paid. you go giving the car back, then you better have some stuff in writing about interest on late payment etc.

Oh I got a key made, I definately do that!!!!! :)

Yeah I got $175 up front that more than covered parts , but total balance is 375 so I gave her until next sunday , her next pay check to get the balance.

Guest Removed

about to say if she stillowes you 375 on topof the 175 then your a over charging mofo..

but thats a good price for that job.

see i told you it wasnt that bad

Edited by Removed

Guest 614Streets
about to say if she stillowes you 375 on topof the 375 then your a over charging mofo..

but thats a good price for that job.

see i told you it wasnt that bad

Nah wasnt that bad calls for 4.5 hrs took me about 4 doing the water pump as well. Got parts and freeze for around 80. About 75 bucks an hr labor profit****.

You might want to check but I believe the key in an 01 Type S is chipped. The car will run for about 5 secs then die if you didn't get the copy made and programed at the dealer. Otherwise you have a good key to open the doors with. Good luck with the whole situation.

-Mike

Guest 614Streets
You might want to check but I believe the key in an 01 Type S is chipped. The car will run for about 5 secs then die if you didn't get the copy made and programed at the dealer. Otherwise you have a good key to open the doors with. Good luck with the whole situation.

-Mike

it is but gets me a turning wheel and thats all my guy needs