94 Buick Lesabre Alternator Issues

iluvfastcarz

So I have went through 5 alternators now on this piece of shit and they keep burning. I have replaced the wire that goes from the alternator to the battery and jumped the exciting wire with a twelve volt source when the key is on, but it still burned up the alternator. Some of these cars only have one wire (exciting wire) going to the plug where other (the majority of cars) have two or more wires going to the plug. Where does this exciting wire go to (relay, fuse)? Any ideas what I should do?

Guest Removed

ill dig up the diagram. you dont have it wired right

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/altwiring.gif

pcm controls the alt. if you have it wired up to run high output all the time thats why your burning them up

and yes i have seen the pcm fail and cause this aswell, but you said you wired it up!

Guest Removed
I had a problem once, the exciting wire you are talking about on some gm cars only needs to be 5 volts. Anything more than that burns things up. That might be something to check.

exciting wire on those sends a 5 volt square wave signal to the alt to control it.