My First Gun

Drewhop

Was reading a article in a magazine about the importance of generations of gun owners.

Safety and the responsibility that it meant.

It reminded me of my father teaching me how to shoot when I was 6 years old and brought back some great memories. The first gun I ever shot was a Marlin 22 and I still have it.

Anyone else have some good stories or memories of when you started shooting.

BB gun when I was 4

Break action .22 when I was 6

Break action .410 when I was 7

I remember getting all of them. i'll never forget the first time I shot the .410 and how excited I was.

BB/Pellet pump action guns when I was 6. I remember the first time I shot a flying bird with a pellet and it fell to the ground bleeding. I felt bad for a few minutes. 5 minutes later I was shooting other birds and all was well.

I don't remember exactly what age I was, but started with a BB gun, then moved up to pellet guns and a single shot, bolt action 22. We use to put our targets on a utility pole and shoot them all day. I remember one year we had this huge but rotten squash that we tied a string to and huge it up and shot the thing to shit. Every couple years the utility company would come and replace the pole. The pole was in an alley, so I am guessing that is why they never figured out who was doing it, or they didn't care. We moved to the country and never had to worry about what I shot.

In 1988 i recieved my first pelet gun it was full wood sheridan pump type pelet gun, which I still have today. 2 years later I recieved a .22 remington viper then a remington express youth 20 ga. I still today have every gun my father bought me when I was younger, I am so lucky that i kept these at home and were not destroyed in the fire. I have so many memorys as a kid going shooting at old dumps ect with my father that I will never forget till the day I die. I remember living outside of palmsprings in a town called 29 palms as a kid I shot so many desert iguanas and other huge lizards, was so much fun at the time.

22 long rifle winchester lever action with a scope, I bet I shot 50,000 22 rounds through that thing, back when thunderbolt 22 LRs were 8 bucks for a box of 500. My first shotgun was a break action 16 gauge which I still own, pretty sweet memories, oh and my old long bow, ahh the good old days.

In 1988 i recieved my first pelet gun it was full wood sheridan pump type pelet gun, which I still have today. 2 years later I recieved a .22 remington viper then a remington express youth 20 ga. I still today have every gun my father bought me when I was younger, I am so lucky that i kept these at home and were not destroyed in the fire. I have so many memorys as a kid going shooting at old dumps ect with my father that I will never forget till the day I die. I remember living outside of palmsprings in a town called 29 palms as a kid I shot so many desert iguanas and other huge lizards, was so much fun at the time.

Ha, I have been to 29 palms (Military town).

don't remember when but first gun I shot was a BB gun followed by a lever action .22 and then a 12 gauge. Both were my fathers. I have both to this day the 12 gauge and maybe had 2 dozen rounds through it and the pump needs fixed (common problem for the gun).

when i was 11 or so, i was running the targets at the turkey shoot my grandpa went to. i would shoot guns a couple times a day, and grandpa brought a H&R single shot 12ga one weekend, said if i can shoot it i can have it. about knocked my ass onto the ground but i took it home that day. parents were thrilled. lol

If you are serious that is hilarity.

Upon further inspection of the fotoz, I've come to the conclusion that the molding is halfway up the wall. I thought the gray part was carpet at first and I'm thinking, "WTF is this guy doing with those switches all the way down there?"

Drinkin' > me

Upon further inspection of the fotoz, I've come to the conclusion that the molding is halfway up the wall. I thought the gray part was carpet at first and I'm thinking, "WTF is this guy doing with those switches all the way down there?"

Drinkin' > me

I did not want to call you a dumbass. Glad you did some more inspecting. :)