another family taken!?

sciongirl

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/29/ohio.family.dead/index.html

(CNN) -- A family of four has been found dead in a suburban Columbus, Ohio, home in what's believed to be a murder-suicide, authorities said Thursday.

Police tape surrounds a Whitehall, Ohio, house, where a family of four was found dead Wednesday.

Police tape surrounds a Whitehall, Ohio, house, where a family of four was found dead Wednesday.

Police in Whitehall, east of Columbus, responded to a call around 2 p.m. Wednesday and found the bodies of Mark Meeks, 51; his wife, Jennifer Dallas-Meeks, 40; and children Jimmy, 5, and Abbigail, 8.

"We're confirming all four victims had gunshot wounds, and a gun was found at the scene," Sgt. Dan Kelso said.

A suicide note purportedly written by Meeks also was found at the scene, but police are not releasing the note's contents, Kelso said.

Authorities believe Meeks shot his wife and two children and then himself, Kelso said.

It was the second time this week that a family died in an apparent murder-suicide. On Tuesday, the bodies of Ervin Antonio Lupoe, his wife and five children were found in their Los Angeles, California, area home after Lupoe faxed a letter to a local television station explaining that he and his wife had lost their jobs and felt it was better to end their lives.

Police resisted the suggestion that the killings were motivated by finances or job loss.

"Out of respect for the family, detectives are not releasing the actual motive, but it's not financial, and he was employed," Kelso said.

The vice president of operations at Immke Northwest Honda, where Meeks was a service manager, confirmed that he was a current employee.

"We as a dealership decline to comment on this devastating tragedy, except to say that all of us here at Immke Northwest Honda are very sad and our condolences go out to the family," Tom Spicer said.

Meeks' brother said the family was struggling to come to terms with the possibility that his older brother -- a lifelong car buff and devoted family man who adored his wife and children -- could be responsible for their deaths.

"They were just great people, and they seemed to be an extremely close family," Mike Meeks said. "I like to say they were so close they were mushy; they showed affection toward each other and their kids."

Meeks said that he last saw his brother about three weeks ago when he came by to pick up firewood and that he seemed happy, giving no clue that anything was amiss.

"There was no indication of anything like this coming. Nothing," the brother said. "I think that's why everyone's feeling a sense of shock."

I was talking about this today as he worked in the Automotive Field here in town and I used to work with him.We were wondering what could drive you to that point.

I knew him as well. Completely took me by surprise. :( I even talked with him last year when I was there considering a new Accord.

heard about it today. got a guy at work who lives with his mom in whitehall, and his dad worked at honda in marysville. when they said whitehall and the guy working for honda in NW columbus, i made a little joke to him due to the coincedences.

sad though. i dont get it either.

The economy has screwed a lot of us, but these stories about people killing off their families (there was a guy in LA that killed his wife and 5 kids a couple of days ago) is absolutely disgusting. I just don't have the words...

I'll never understand it. I had a customer and friend whack himself in his driveway after getting in an argument with his boss. Just drove home, parked in the driveway and pulled the trigger. No note, nothing. Kids found him when they got off the bus. :(

Crazy and sad. I agree with those here in saying that I couldn't shoot my own child or whatever. I've killed myself a dozen times (up and move and start all over, literally) but that's my version. I don't think I could find a good enough reason to actually take my life (though, the thought crosses many people's minds at some point), let alone that of someone I love.