Rear mount turbo

Guest Removed

td04 9b's are what came on the 3000gt, and it required 2 of them. Tiny things and they require coolant. I think the factory DSM turbo was a TD05 14b or 13g. Pretty much any OEM turbo is going to be water cooled.

Rear mounted turbo FTL. EGT cools down, too much piping causes lag, dirt and funk, oiling is a pain.

I know a guy with a Grand prix that has a STS set up. It makes pretty good power. You might want to check their sit and the FAQ's to see if that helps. It appears that the trick with these is making sure you have the right size turbo and piping to keep the velocity.

A few things I found from the 3800 forum...

Universal DIY kit...

http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_system

Some good conversation about the rear mount turbo...

http://www.3800pro.com/forum/turbos/21204-rear-turbo-idea.html

You don't have to only get the one that says "oil only". Many of them will have coolant ports just because the manufacture designed them to work with the cooling system, but it isn't really required. I mean it could extend the life of the turbo by adding water cooling, but not necessary.

I know a guy with a Grand prix that has a STS set up. It makes pretty good power.

Mike's car is bad-ass too. It's quicker than most think. I ran with him down Polaris in my GXP one time and he left me like he was in a Z06. Runs mid 12's.

Guest Removed
the old mx6 or turbo probe 2.2L cars didnt have coolant running through them

thats one of the one's im thinking about... just need to figure tubing sizes etc..

think i might be better off just spraying it and being done with it :D