Some of the best car advertising I've seen

TTQ B4U

I like Hyundai, but if I were to get a manual-transmission, RWD V6 coupe there are a ton of other great options, particularly the new Camaro (300hp 3.6L) or a used Infiniti G35 Track edition (~300hp, Brembo brakes).

I think price is going to be a huge factor in this segment. If the 2.0T can be had for the lower end of $20k (fully optioned) then that may be the one to get. If the engine is worth anything it shouldn't be that difficult to get 308hp or more from it...

EDIT: FWIW, I still believe...especially in this world economic crisis today...if you're in the position to get a car you'd be foolish to buy new. TONS of great used cars on the market today.

The new Camaro will probably be a much larger, heavier car. Don't quote me on that, though. I'm just guessing. Also, the Hyundai comes with 4 piston fixed caliper Brembo braking system, too.

I'm sure pricing will be excellent, as well, or they'll shoot themselves in the foot. You buy a Hyundai when you can't quite afford or justify the cost of the car you want.

I like the car, but I cannot buy a car without AWD in the midwest. We have too much shitty weather, If I lived in Phoenix, I would only buy rear wheel drive.

AWD a necessity? Really? I'm surprised....I don't feel that way. I've never had one, and while I would love to have it on my MS3 for power delivery, I didn't see any issues at all with her in 12" snow falls off Lake Michigan late last year nor our recent 8" of snow. She plowed ahead like a champ.

Interestingly on both the Subi and Korean fronts:

Strong sales of the Sonata sedan and Santa Fe SUV helped Hyundai to stand with only two other brands in recording U.S. sales increases in January compared to January 2008. The other two gainers were Hyundai's sister brand, Kia, and Subaru. Hyundai was up 14% :eek:

Looks like the value and advertising is working. Nice to see some good news.

AWD a necessity? Really? I'm surprised....I don't feel that way. I've never had one, and while I would love to have it on my MS3 for power delivery, I didn't see any issues at all with her in 12" snow falls off Lake Michigan late last year nor our recent 8" of snow. She plowed ahead like a champ.

Interestingly on both the Subi and Korean fronts:

Strong sales of the Sonata sedan and Santa Fe SUV helped Hyundai to stand with only two other brands in recording U.S. sales increases in January compared to January 2008. The other two gainers were Hyundai's sister brand, Kia, and Subaru. Hyundai was up 14% :eek:

Looks like the value and advertising is working. Nice to see some good news.

you could always pull the drive train from the Volvo s40 to get your AWD needs. :)