Phelps taking bong hits?

zeitgeist57

I am not sure of the source, but this would be a shocker if true.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/150832/14-times-Olympic-gold-medal-winner-Michael-Phelps-caught-with-bong-cannabis-pipe.html

I personally don't have a problem with him smoking marijuana, but it's going to be a killer for his public image.

EDIT: Wow! I guess it is true! At least he's doing the right thing by manning up and admitting it's a mistake...

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimming/news/story?id=3876804

I'm somewhat mixed in my reaction to this.

On the one hand, I think it's stupid that there's this much attention be given to someone for taking a bong hit. It's weed, it probably should be legal, and he's a young adult having a good time, not bothering anyone. Who cares?

On the other hand, he's stupid for allowing himself to be photographed doing something illegal when he knows - or definitely should know - that it will jeopardize the millions he has in endorsements. You're a stoner? Awesome, just be smart enough not to get blazed on camera.

I agree it doesn't really look like him though. Ears look too small, haha.

And his nose does not look the same.

I had to look over that picture a few times, ears look small, nose looks different. But if he admits it he admits it.

At least it can help to destroy the Above the Influence commercials, f you smoke pot you will amount to nothing message. How about 14 gold medals!