Should I buy a Raptor 660?

kenny

Then I can do dumb shit in the snow, too. :cool:

Really the only reason I don't want to buy one is that I should be buying parts for the El Camino so I can lay the beat down on people this spring...

yea you did talk alot of stuff for this racing season...u should just finish the elcamino, hussel people outta there money an buy the raptor from that

it wont be the best in the snow unless you have some good tires on it as the solid axle in the rear sucks for ground clearance

i had a raptor 660...fast, but top heavy...so be prepared to be close to flipping everytime you take an aggressive turn, which should be every turn you take.

quoted for truth... even shocks and arms this bitch is a top heavy pig on the track..... trail riding ehh.. never got a chance to try it in the trails...

450r or fail...as far as a track bike.

250r ftmfw

They are great machines but I would stay away from them. I rode my buddies 660 around the trails and as mentioned above they are very top heavy. I am plenty happy with my LTZ400 for everything I do, but if I were to upgrade I would get the LTR450. I am not impressed with the reliability of the Raptor either.

I have ridden my LTZ very hard now for a year and nothing has broken on it *knock on wood*

I had the 73rd '01 Raptor off the assembly line waaaay back when they first came out. I loved riding the thing after I flipped the rear linkage to lower the rear end a bit to help with cornering. I did mostly trail riding so the little loss of travel didn't affect me any. But, as was said, the early transmissions were JUNK. I rode mine for a year (hard) before the tranny started acting funny and I decided to trade it in on a yz426f. A friend of mine bought one a few weeks after I did and put a total of 3 or 4 transmissions in it in a few years time. I'd have probably kept it had it not been for the shitty tranny.

I can't comment on the newer ones, though.

However, I can comment on the yzf450 quads. A couple friends of mine have those and those things are fucking sick. Granted, they're mostly aimed towards track riding, but they do just fine on trails and fucking get it as is.

And to the Cali boy......dune riding is gay, gay, gay. I've never seen the appeal of driving them in a straight line or drag racing up a hill. Whooptydoo.

I had the 73rd '01 Raptor off the assembly line waaaay back when they first came out. I loved riding the thing after I flipped the rear linkage to lower the rear end a bit to help with cornering. I did mostly trail riding so the little loss of travel didn't affect me any. But, as was said, the early transmissions were JUNK. I rode mine for a year (hard) before the tranny started acting funny and I decided to trade it in on a yz426f. A friend of mine bought one a few weeks after I did and put a total of 3 or 4 transmissions in it in a few years time. I'd have probably kept it had it not been for the shitty tranny.

I can't comment on the newer ones, though.

However, I can comment on the yzf450 quads. A couple friends of mine have those and those things are fucking sick. Granted, they're mostly aimed towards track riding, but they do just fine on trails and fucking get it as is.

And to the Cali boy......dune riding is gay, gay, gay. I've never seen the appeal of driving them in a straight line or drag racing up a hill. Whooptydoo.

sounds like you have never ridien in dunes or a real desert, u wouldnt understand till you ride it. but to each your own.