Looking for business ideas

Mattsn2o281

So I'm tossing around a few ideas right now of something that could be profitable during a slow economy and aside from something in the food and bev. industry, i'm not coming up with much. I'm thinking of starting something up within the next few months if all goes right, i already have a few backers lined up, i just need to come up with a solid idea.

What i'd really like to do is start a motorcycle parts and customs type of place, but i seriously doubt it would do well enough in the next 2 years to make it through this recession shit.

Anyway, toss up some ideas if you have any. If it helps, My background is in Transportation Management and Trucking, i've been around it since i was 14 or so, and i also have a degree in hi-po automotive and have messed with sportbikes for 7-8 years now.

Any ideas are welcome, lets hear a few...

I have always thought one of the EASIEST to run businesses would be a Storage Lot. You know, the ones with the locked Garages of different sizes.

Other than a hellova lot of Insurance, the inital build, and a very minimal upkeep, there would not be much outgo, or hassle in running it (I would think). Keeping the Garages Full, and Paid Up would be the most work (once again, I think).

:thumbup:

OR

A Parking Lot Downtown. 1 Space, $5 per Day. 300 Spaces. That comes to $1500 per day, or $7500 per M-F. It would take a while to make a return on the investment of buying the location, and the paving, but upkeep would be VERY minimal.

KillJoy

Lawncare/Snow removal if you have the ambition. Look at several of the guys from here if you need motivation.

If you are planning on doing it here in Newark this market is a bit different then Columbus.

I would love to own a small Outdoor hunting/fishing type store.

Knowing people with more money then brains has its benifits... :D

I'm thinking more and more of some type of parts business, and i still have a few connections at parts unlimited and tucker rockey from a venture several years ago. i still have a shit ton of research to do, so who knows.

How did you aquire investment angels without a business plan let alone an idea?? One thing you'll learn about the venture capital game is that the deal is not done and the investment isn't guaranteed untill the money is in the bank.

+1.

I am working with TechColumbus on a web-based business plan, but just recently went grassroots as I was finding it difficult to monetize my idea. I'll bootstrap for a couple of years on my own and if it's successful, then I'll go back and look for investor money to scale it up. Good luck getting cash from people for your business idea.

Make some jump to conclusion mats? I had an idea like that once.

That's hilarious!

What about a car wash.I don't know how much money they make but they are popping up EVERYWHERE so they have got to be profitable.

Selling parts is an expensive, inventory intensive business. I would recommend starting with service. Service, service, service. It's all about the service. Either make yourself competitive from a price standpoint, or offer something that some else doesn't (ie higher quality)......maybe you could offer both.

Selling parts is an expensive, inventory intensive business. I would recommend starting with service. Service, service, service. It's all about the service. Either make yourself competitive from a price standpoint, or offer something that some else doesn't (ie higher quality)......maybe you could offer both.

I tried to start a computer shop out of my house about 10ish years ago. The hardest part was marking up the items. I didn't make shit on the parts, but i was making $60 an hour driving around fixing computers (labor only). Best money making (IMO) is sell yourself :). No parts to worry about and you don't need an inventory (or maybe just have a very small one).