Sirius to start charging $2.99 for internet radio

dakotart

least Pandora is still free..not to bad to listen to

Been using them since their inception. I even got a new artist on there after speaking with him and the powers that be at Pandora. (Really, not that big of a deal. But it's cool to know someone is on there because of you.)

Diana, I believe if you reread my earlier post... ah, the hell with it. I'll copy and paste it right here. It may help answer a couple of questions.

Just got off the phone with XM. I told them I didn't use the XM Radio Online and wouldn't in the future. Would I still be charged for it? They said no and that my main radio would still be $12.95 a month. But, my second radio would go up from $6.99 to $8.99. They find a way.:rolleyes: All this shit begins on March 11 so you've got a month to decide. I'm going to discuss cancellation tonight with my gf. She has the secondary radio. $2 isn't alot, but we've been less happy with them since the switch and now they want to charge more. Yet, we do both travel extensively and it would be a serious loss to in-car entertainment. They did say they'd be revamping the channel lineup this year, but that doesn't really tell me shit.

All I am saying is tell them you want to cancel, they will not increase your rate, call their bluff. Everyone that I have heard of complaining and wanting to terminate their service gets what ever they want, whether it be a free new radio, no new charges, crediting of charges.....

I had a 3 month trial of XM with I bought the SS. It was great. i really enjoyed it and found several new bands on Squizz and Ethel. The comedy channels were good too. ...then they merged with the Sirius channels. SUCK! The rock channels went to shit and my alt station disappeared completely! Ethel turned into a 90's grunge station!! WTF? I don't give a FUCK about Kurt Cobain. They lost my business after that happened...

Oh, and i care even LESS about Stern than I do about Nirvana.

I had a 3 month trial of XM with I bought the SS. It was great. i really enjoyed it and found several new bands on Squizz and Ethel. The comedy channels were good too. ...then they merged with the Sirius channels. SUCK! The rock channels went to shit and my alt station disappeared completely! Ethel turned into a 90's grunge station!! WTF? I don't give a FUCK about Kurt Cobain. They lost my business after that happened...

Oh, and i care even LESS about Stern than I do about Nirvana.

XM sucks. I have spent time with XM (and have had Sirius for years), and it is amazing XM stayed in business.

I am actually sad about the channel merger, as they decided to use XM's 80's channel, which isn't nearly as good as the Big 80's was. I did like the Squizz, but some of their lineup integrated into Octane, so now Octane is easily better than the Squizz ever was.

Sorry, Sirius is way better, was before the merger, and still is after the merger.

XM sucks. I have spent time with XM (and have had Sirius for years), and it is amazing XM stayed in business.

I am actually sad about the channel merger, as they decided to use XM's 80's channel, which isn't nearly as good as the Big 80's was. I did like the Squizz, but some of their lineup integrated into Octane, so now Octane is easily better than the Squizz ever was.

Sorry, Sirius is way better, was before the merger, and still is after the merger.

Why don't you just go and masturbate to your poster of Stern? :p

Bad news for you Sirius humpers... Sirius XM could possibly be filing for bankruptcy.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D965DUIO3.htm They are currently $300 million in debt.... Oh, and that debt matures in about 2 weeks.

I first saw it mentioned on ABC6 today.

And do you know what filling for bankruptcy means? If you do then why is this bad news? Looks like a hostile take over to me.