ls1 with ls3/l92 top end?

boostedgtp

I have been on tech looking at different heads and cam combos and these small bore l92 heads pn# 19201807 look like a good budget/performance head. From what I have read the stock L92 heads are way better then some aftermarket ls1/6 heads and the small bore ones im thinking should be pretty good too. It looks like the only option for intakes are the fast 102 and the stock ls3? Id also need a cable 90mm TB, at least for the ls3 intake. I think also the rocker arms on L92/LS3 are offset?

So it looks like if you had a ls1 you would need

L92 SB heads

Ls3 intake

90mm TB

Rocker arm set

Cam?

Pushrods?

What do you LSX guys think about this...

If you are gonna maintain stock bottom end, you want this setup from Texas Speed:

Name:

PRC 220cc 5.3L Stage 2.5 CNC Ported Heads

Item#:

199-PRC2.55.3

The flow numbers on these heads are killer and will bump up your compression 1 point if you use .040 gaskets. Big cam, springs to go with the cam, ARP rod bolts, spin it to 7500 and see 475 rwhp.

If you are gonna maintain stock bottom end, you want this setup from Texas Speed:

Name:

PRC 220cc 5.3L Stage 2.5 CNC Ported Heads

Item#:

199-PRC2.55.3

The flow numbers on these heads are killer and will bump up your compression 1 point if you use .040 gaskets. Big cam, springs to go with the cam, ARP rod bolts, spin it to 7500 and see 475 rwhp.

damn, how much do those cost? i might be getting a set of those...