1911 or another HK pistol?

ttemper

I currently have a USP Tactical, but have been considering purchasing another pistol. The new P30 and HK45 are dead sexy, but I've wanted a 1911 forever. I havent carried in over a year because I sold my carry piece. I figured I could atleast carry a 1911, but obviously not an HK, and no, I dont really want to get the p2000sk series. What do you think? 1911 or HK series, and why?

Full size 1911's are HEAVY and are not easily concealed in in all clothing. They print. :(

Now, the compact 1911's...

:D

KillJoy

Not gonna argue that full size 1911's are a bit heavy, but a GOOD gun belt and holster to spread out the weight make all the difference in the world. Mine disappears while wearing jeans and a T-shirt with my Wilderness Instructor belt and Milt Sparks VM2. And I'm carrying around a spare tire on my waist, too. :(

Good quality carry setup > cheaping out.

The 1911 is thin enough that you can make it work with the right setup.

The USPC 40 I carried for a while printed depending on the clothing i wore. I'm not that worried about the weight; a 1911 with a 4" barrel is only 3 oz heavier than what my uspc was, so as Austin said, with the right set up, it can definitely work.

What model 1911 you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I was going to go with a Kimber, but everyone here talked me out of it, than I saw yours and was thinking that was the one. Now I'm not sure again, but I'll continue the hunt.

Everyone needs a milspec 1911, regardless of whether or not they are going to carry it.

The cheapie holster I have for mine lets the grip stick waaaay the fuck out. That and the straight drop is not at all comfortable. I would consider carrying it if I were to find a holster that works with it, but until then I'm more than happy with my XDSC in a $25 holster. Even though I would much rather have a Kydex.

I carry a Colt Custom Shop M1991A1 in a Galco IWB Summer Special and I can get away with an oversized t-shirt and jeans. Granted, I am a fat bastard, but the thin profile of a 1911 can make hiding it easy. I vote that you get a 1911 because everyone should have one, mags will be around even after Obama's ban, and they are dead sexy and accurate. Also, for a good quality, fairly cheap IWB, I recommend the guy that comes to the Vet's gun shows and makes custom Kydex IWB's. Free lifetime warranty, will make any cant that you prefer, and will mold it to your gun of choice in about 1 hour. It is not the tightest fit, I'd say a level 1 friction fit, but he did make me an IWB that even let my M92FS conceal under a t-shirt. All for only $45.

if i end up getting a 1911 it will most likely be a springfield trp model. i heart the way kimbers look,but, i've heard better things about springfield than kimber lately.

Trent I told you mt TRP was the best gun I ever had. No problems and was awesome to fire. I am thinking of getting another one this week if I can find one under $1500.00