Am I the only one?

Cordell

Am I the only one that is truely obsessed with cars? I work at NTB dealing with cars all day, I'm constantly on CR or some other car related site, watch car shows or racing on TV, play nothing but racing video games, if I leave the house I just go drive around, I think I drive people crazy because all I ever really want to talk about is cars. Anyone else that way?

I am, I was happy to meet more people like me at CC. I was the only actual car nut in HS, shit was wack yo.

I know exactly what you mean. I remeber talking to my friends on monday at school, "what did you do over the weekend?", "I went kart racing." That is why I never had near as good of friends as I do now, because those conversations just stopped there.

and Paul, go kiss Phil and make up.

Pretty much how I feel now that I'm getting older. I mean, I'd love to have a super fast car as much as the next guy, but there's no passion behind it anymore. When I was 20'ish I would spend all weekend helping friends install parts and loved it. Now I would rather do other things for some reason.

Yep. Same here. I have other priorities that are above having a fast car at the moment.

However, I LOVE to drive. just driving in general makes me happy. Not going fast, just driving. Especially in the warmer weather days when I just open up the window and drive. Regardless of what I'm driving.

Guest Removed
Am I the only one that is truely obsessed with cars? I work at NTB dealing with cars all day, I'm constantly on CR or some other car related site, watch car shows or racing on TV, play nothing but racing video games, if I leave the house I just go drive around, I think I drive people crazy because all I ever really want to talk about is cars. Anyone else that way?

this is why my wife is gone....i got sick of hearing her bitch about it :D

new gf says i talk about cars in my sleep. which i have heard that before

Being 28 with a family, and having been racing since I was 8 (seriously), I don't think I am going to grow out of it. Don't get me wrong I enjoy playing with my daughter, but just her not other kids. Right now she enjoys the car too, so life is good.

I can def say now yes I am.

speed is a huge addiction for me. Anything fast. Hell I got another job while Im in school so I can dispense my funds to my cars.

Sam and his boys got me into watersports but that ended up in me getting a fast ass jetski.

I think speed is number two on the list.

Now that I have this new project and know how good it feels to turn a wrench and know you did the work is a feeling like I got when I rode BMX...

BMX was great but hell Nothing gets me going like racing cars.

I usually have the speed channel on in the back ground in my room on silent then listening to music while I surf the internet on forums bleeding my eyes out on car stuff.

I heart cars I dont think I will ever grow out of it, EVER.

I like talking about and thinking about cars when the time is right for it. There is nothing i hate more than someone who comes up to me at a party or something and won't fucking shut up about "Is the MR2 finished yet? When are you going to swap EJXX into your Subaru? Did you pick up that Datsun yet?".

There is a time and a place to talk about cars, and it usually sets itself up. Don't get me wrong, I love cars, but they aren't EVERYTHING to me.

My business allows me to be around cars and shops Monday -friday for 8 hours a day.I run across everything from an original model A,34 Dodge with 6.1 EFI Hemi,Bentleys,Lambos to a guy with a GNX,2 GN's and a T-Type so I get my fill during the week.On the weekends and evenings I like to spend time with my wife and 3 kids.I am definitely not obsessed like I used to be,

My business allows me to be around cars and shops Monday -friday for 8 hours a day.I run across everything from an original model A,34 Dodge with 6.1 EFI Hemi,Bentleys,Lambos to a guy with a GNX,2 GN's and a T-Type so I get my fill during the week.On the weekends and evenings I like to spend time with my wife and 3 kids.I am definitely not obsessed like I used to be,

whoa, where the heck are you working now?

I used to be obsessed with cars, but then once I worked around them for 6 years...eh, enough's enough. I started getting sick of working on my own vehicles. I'm still obsessed with jets though, have been since I was little, hopefully that doesn't wear off any time soon.