Make that Firebird x3

MrMeanGreen

I'm not a fan of the rims. The gf wants them for the V6 car, so they're going once she finds me replacements.

Scott, I fear the 99 PCM conversion, lol.

AJ, we'll discuss :) I wanna go center-bolt heads anyways.

I didn't say re-pin it, I said change the harness.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, but I've never heard of just swapping a harness. You can talk to me more about it soon.

The only difference between the 98s and the 99+ is the pin-outs. Since re-pinning the harness is a nightmare you could just change the whole thing. The PCM is the same thing, just a different operating system mostly just because the outputs have to be different.

I like how you are gonna autocross a car when you cant even drive a car in a straight line good. I wanna watch you autocross so I can make a america's funniest home video to win me 100k$

Quit being a douche.

The only difference between the 98s and the 99+ is the pin-outs. Since re-pinning the harness is a nightmare you could just change the whole thing. The PCM is the same thing, just a different operating system mostly just because the outputs have to be different.

Call me tomorrow and we'll talk.

It's got a Hurst Billet/Plus shifter in it with the stops set already and a ws6store short stick. You can see how short the shifter assembly is.

:thumbsup:

I thought about the turbo kit, but this one also has a stock 10-bolt and it's a '98 as well (tuning).

I'm gonna still sell the kit. But yeah, both will be getting suspension work in opposite directions.

Turbo it, talk to smokinhawk, he did the 10 bolt for a while.

I like how you are gonna autocross a car when you cant even drive a car in a straight line good. I wanna watch you autocross so I can make a america's funniest home video to win me 100k$

/thread

ROFL!

Ant, talk to Marc from Z-Tuning, he's the guru when it comes to '98's and tuning. He's done like a gillion of them.

I ran into Sam today, he declined a heads-up auto-x. I still <3 him.

James, I'm gonna keep this one N/A and just have some fun with it. I also have a killer tuner, but won't make him go through the trials of '98 FI tuning.

I'm picking up new wheels for it in the next day or so from a guy in Cincy. Chrome ZR1s with GS-Cs (4) and MT DRs (2).

I'm not asking you to switch tuners but Marc knows 98's inside and out. He's a good friend and he can advise you on the pitfalls of the conversion and etc. Just call him and tell him that douche Gillbot made you call. ;) He's in Cbus too for school so he's close to ya.

Like aftermarket lid, AJ? BTW, tell Ashley when guys in a blue Ford thing pull up to her at a light and say hi, she can say hi back :)

pretty sure it is. it was on that wrecked camaro when i got it and it had quite a bit of aftermarket stuff on it.

she also has no idea what your talking about since she carpools to work.

Like aftermarket lid, AJ? BTW, tell Ashley when guys in a blue Ford thing pull up to her at a light and say hi, she can say hi back :)

When and where was this at? I've learned to completely ignore guys beside me at lights because they usually are whistling and crap. Actually, I'm usually too involved with my music so I don't hear if people are yelling at me, hehe. Next time just start doing a chinese fire drill to me or something... that'll get my attention!

pretty sure it is. it was on that wrecked camaro when i got it and it had quite a bit of aftermarket stuff on it.

she also has no idea what your talking about since she carpools to work.

I forgot you had one and bought a lid and filter off of Tech for $80 shipped. I do need the ABS sensor on the pumpkin for a three-series rear, you have one?

When and where was this at? I've learned to completely ignore guys beside me at lights because they usually are whistling and crap. Actually, I'm usually too involved with my music so I don't hear if people are yelling at me, hehe. Next time just start doing a chinese fire drill to me or something... that'll get my attention!

At the light right before Best Buy heading towards Taylor Road. I was in a blue Ford SUV thing turning left to go to the bank. Probably about 130ish.

What are the wheels currently on it? I might want them.

They're going on the V6, the gf likes them.

I believe they are homo-7's

Then you need a set for those gay Audis you drive around :p