Yank the wheels with Ford parts? *sigh*

MrMeanGreen

Guest tbutera2112
not saying its junk...just telling you that if you go to a big stang site and check out how well people do with 28 spline 8.8s, you will see 400rwhp being about the point where the axles break...dont get so defensive.... i broke a stock carrier *just like you have* with like 230rwhp... just telling you from personal experience, and from what ive been seeing on mustang sites

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
So are people saying the Ford units are junk as compared to my 10-bolt? I've been running my stock 28 spline axles now for seven years running in the 1.6x 60' range.

not with axles and a spool. im still not seeing how the splines even line up! granted they are both 31, but still. this kind of fab, just buy a ford housing and the strange housing ends that fit gm brakes(not sure if they make those but they make them for the 8.8 brakes)

i thought you told me all this was 31 spline? and you still have to make a torque arm bracket. and i dont see any 4 link brackets on that housing other then the stock stangs one on top.

Guest Removed
not saying its junk...just telling you that if you go to a big stang site and check out how well people do with 28 spline 8.8s, you will see 400rwhp being about the point where the axles break...dont get so defensive.... i broke a stock carrier *just like you have* with like 230rwhp... just telling you from personal experience, and from what ive been seeing on mustang sites

his car is not as hard on the drive line with a auto trans. unless he is leaving off a trans brake! but, still its running 28 spline stuff(just looked it up) and i never broke mine. we shall see how tuff yours is. plus your has been beat on for how long?

Guest tbutera2112
his car is not as hard on the drive line with a auto trans. unless he is leaving off a trans brake! but, still its running 28 spline stuff(just looked it up) and i never broke mine. we shall see how tuff yours is. plus your has been beat on for how long?

mine was beaten on just as long as his! lol with 1/3 of the hp

i hope youre right about 28 splines being so tough, but im just not seeing it.... thats whats in my car now, so i do hope youre right

So are people saying the Ford units are junk as compared to my 10-bolt? I've been running my stock 28 spline axles now for seven years running in the 1.6x 60' range.

make sure you never let it spin just one tire. Just upgrade to a auburn posi and 31 spline axels while it is out of the car.

edit: might want to run c clip elims also

Guest Removed
mine was beaten on just as long as his! lol with 1/3 of the hp

i hope youre right about 28 splines being so tough, but im just not seeing it.... thats whats in my car now, so i do hope youre right

those 1/2 ton wheels dont help. what was your 60' time again?

oh snap sorry you never left the line. got to come out easy on the first pass.:p

plus your is manual...much harder on the driveline with that big shock it gets every time your kick the clutch!

Guest Removed
make sure you never let it spin just one tire. Just upgrade to a auburn posi and 31 spline axels while it is out of the car.

edit: might want to run c clip elims also

yeah..should have had them already. and if he does, then switch them over

Guest tbutera2112
those 1/2 ton wheels dont help. what was your 60' time again?

oh snap sorry you never left the line. got to come out easy on the first pass.:p

plus your is manual...much harder on the driveline with that big shock it gets every time your kick the clutch!

burn after burn...:gtfo: :asshole:

Guest 614Streets

I wouldn't sweat the 31 splines right away , I will be running my corporate 8.5 with 28 spline mosers and a detroit locker on the t brake and my converters are custom built 4000 and 5000 units.

I also read about dave henniger running 8's on a 10 bolt , he did have alot of splines but if you stage the car with the foot brake lightly before you engage the t brake you avoid bigger shock the the ring and pinion and the splines. Think about it. Thats what he says to do.

This guy has been proving his techniques on the corporate 10 bolt since the 90's. Definately check this out. In the 90's he was running high eights on the 10 bolt with little other than welded tubes to housing and +spline counts.

http://powertvonline.com/video_detail.php?mId=442

Guest Removed
I wouldn't sweat the 31 splines right away , I will be running my corporate 8.5 with 28 spline mosers and a detroit locker on the t brake and my converters are custom built 4000 and 5000 units.

I also read about dave henniger running 8's on a 10 bolt , he did have alot of splines but if you stage the car with the foot brake lightly before you engage the t brake you avoid bigger shock the the ring and pinion and the splines. Think about it. Thats what he says to do.

This guy has been proving his techniques on the corporate 10 bolt since the 90's. Definately check this out. In the 90's he was running high eights on the 10 bolt with little other than welded tubes to housing and +spline counts.

stock f body axle are 28

most stcok fox body 8.8 are 28

i swear some one told me this was all 31 i didnt think gm even had 31 splines. the old 12's had 30.

I really don't see this being on the little 7.5" 10 bolt, maybe the bigger 8.5" 10 bolt that came in earlier cars and Grand Nationals.

and what is so bad about a locker? I daily my S10 with one and my Camaro has one, aside from steering with the throttle when it's wet but I doubt the Formula will see much rain.

JP, the car goes low 10.80s all day now that it's dialed in, and that was on 1.7x 60'. I have a ton of slips from last year, but now wanna focus on traction. I'd like to see consistent 10.50s this year.

Rob, I thought they were 31 spline, but was wrong. 28 spline is stock.

Guest 614Streets
I really don't see this being on the little 7.5" 10 bolt, maybe the bigger 8.5" 10 bolt that came in earlier cars and Grand Nationals.

Oh hell no its not the 7.5 , its the 8.5 , hell the 7.5 came with 26 splines for awhile and then its cousin is the 7.625.

But nah I was talking of the 8.5 Corporate.