Weight Loss

thorne

I dont care what i weigh as long as i feel good and can go run my 10k's. Im coming back to Cincinnati for the Flying Pig Marathon on May 1st. Im going to run the half marathon. When i left you all, I did it smoking, eating mad fast food, drinking mad pop, and tipping the scale at 260lbs. Im coming back sipping on a vitamin water, eating rice cakes, and running 5 miles daily, and down to 225-230. In case anyone cares... that's a lot of miles to run for a heavyweight... let alone every day.

Point is, if my body is healthy and athletic at 225-230lb, who gives a shit. Im not out to impress anyone with comic book like muscle tone. Im just your average man animal. Chicks dig big teddy bears any way ;)

When I was training for and ran my first marathon I could not keep any weight on, I'd eat baconators and pecan cinnamon rolls and pop tarts all day. I didn't get over 175lbs and 31" abdominal no matter how hard I tried. The next year I only ran a half marathon, I ate a bit healthier but obviously I wasn't training as hard.

Then the following year I ran another marathon, trained more and ate healthier...could not lose a single pound and didn't lose an inch off the abdominal., i was right around 180lbs and 34-35". Now I'm getting back into weights 4 times a week and 30-40mins of cardio the other 3 times a week and still cant lose anything. I'm pushing 185 with 36" abdominal, the biggest Ive been in a long time, just cant lose it. I'm convinced as soon as I turned 25 it became impossible to lose anything, and now im 26 and its just gotten worse haha.

I'm hoping to get ready for the Pittsburgh marathon in may, but I really gotta notch up my training.

note if your trying to gain muscle and lose weight...please eat a little something before you workout. If you want to lose weight and dont care about gaining muscle, but you dont wont to lose any either, take a couple amino acid pills before working out. This is regarding the working out in the morning on an empty stomach statement.