At the Jackets vs Blues Game right now.

SpaceGhost

Derek Dorsett was the player that got knocked out.

1:47 into the video

http://bluejackets.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,855

Jackets barely held on, they got pretty sloppy at the end, and allowed a short handed goal.

Fickst.

They really didn't play THAT sloppy at the end, I think they were just trying to conserve energy for the game tomorrow night. The first line played well but they need to keep stepping it up. I'm impressed with the defense thus far. I've been a Jackets fan for 6-7 years and I've never seen the defense this solid, though a little rough around the edges at times.

Fickst.

They really didn't play THAT sloppy at the end, I think they were just trying to conserve energy for the game tomorrow night. The first line played well but they need to keep stepping it up. I'm impressed with the defense thus far. I've been a Jackets fan for 6-7 years and I've never seen the defense this solid, though a little rough around the edges at times.

Thanks, I am still learning the game. I thought they played sloppy, poor passing, bad control of the puck, I saw countless times where passes were just plain missed between their legs and a couple of complete misses by the player getting the pass when it was right to him. They played better last night in my opinion when St Louis had 5 players on the ice. When the jackets had their last couple of power plays they were freaking defending. WTF? But they won so that was my first "in person" win and it was a good game. Man Does Boll just go out to talk trash to the other team? LOL I swear every time I saw him he was running his mouth. I like it. I was thinking about buying a jersey but $300 bones is a lot of scratch, and I don't really know who's jersey I would like to buy. I mean it seems like the players switch teams so much. The Russian and Czek players have the coolest names, they look so crazy. #27 Malhaltra(SP) seems to be pretty damn good, he has scored both times I have been to a game and he has moves.

The Jackets just kinda sat back and thought that they could coast for the last 20 minutes. I had a horrible flashback to the old Jackets of yore just watching those last minutes. But they held on and won, thankfully.

Boll does run his mouth a lot but he also is constantly chirped at too. Malholtra is decent but they've really got to go out and get a center for Nash. You'll really get to see who really flourishes with all the added pressure and who can't take it with these remaining games.

2-0 Jackets, It's been a great game so far. Seat 102 L 12 awesome seat. Should be a fight before it's over, Boll has been talking a lot. :D

Mike and I were right across/diagonal from you in 112 :) Great game for sure. I am not a big hockey fan (I have never watched a game on TV in my life) but love going to watch the games in person.

You can't ask for more than a win, a lot of points, a fight, and great seats :)

Jeff

Boll does run his mouth a lot but he also is constantly chirped at too. Malholtra is decent but they've really got to go out and get a center for Nash. You'll really get to see who really flourishes with all the added pressure and who can't take it with these remaining games.

Malhotra is a good #3 line center, but we really need someone up on the #1 line with Huse and Nash that can create more chances. I'm hoping we go out and get someone within the next two weeks before the trade deadline comes.

I was thinking about buying a jersey but $300 bones is a lot of scratch, and I don't really know who's jersey I would like to buy. I mean it seems like the players switch teams so much.

You can buy a blank jersey for ~$135 and player jerseys are $200 for a replica, and ~$350 for a real jersey. Or you could go with someone who is going to be in C-bus a while, Brassard, Commodore(5 year contract), Nash(possible lifetime contract), Umberger (4 year contract), and Mason. I doubt they'll let Brassard or Mason go anytime soon, probably won't let Vorachek or Filatov go anytime soon either. Filatov is the number one prospect in hockey right now and he's all ours. :)

Are the Bluejackets any good this year?

Didn't Columbus Crew win the championship this past year?

Why do we have these "pro" teams here but win they do something good like I don't know WIN the championship and there are no support what so ever from the city..

But when someone on the OSU football team gets so much as a speeding ticket it's on the front page of the Dispatch? Nevermind I think I answered my own question..

But yeah I heard Bluejackets games are fun in person..