First Post

ReddyZ06

Sounds like a good forum for current Columbus automobile related information.

My interests include all types of racing - including NASCAR. I have been a spectator at Watkin's Glen for the Formula 1 race, Indy for the 500 and the Brickyard. I have run (HPDE) at Mid-Ohio, Putnam Park, VIR, Watkin's Glen and some others. Drag raced at National Trail, MCIR, KilKare, etc. Some years ago I did some BMX racing too. I am a huge GM fan, but like all types of performance vehicles.

Mike

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Corvette is stock other than occasionally have a set of Hoosiers on it. It tracks well and has much more torque than my previous Corvettes.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp66/ReddyZ06/30c4bfed.jpg

Mike

p.s. I should have said thanks for the tip. -

Welcome. Add some pics to this thread and some details on your Z. Makes for a more complete intro and avoids any fallout.

Mike

Edited by ReddyZ06
Forgot to say thank you!

you should put an exhaust system in that z06 so if you ever come across a zr1 you can smoke it and laugh at the moron who paid 40grand more for his vette

Z06 + exhaust = faster than zr1?

I find that hard to believe. Is there a turbo attached to the mentioned exhaust kit? What happens if the ZR1 puts an exhaust on or even better, changes his pulley?

Guest tbutera2112
you should put an exhaust system in that z06 so if you ever come across a zr1 you can smoke it and laugh at the moron who paid 40grand more for his vette

i doubt a c6z with exhaust will "smoke" a zr1

Z06 + exhaust = faster than zr1?

I find that hard to believe. Is there a turbo attached to the mentioned exhaust kit? What happens if the ZR1 puts an exhaust on or even better, changes his pulley?

Must be the STS exhaust kit...:p

http://pi.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/i/booth_cropped.jpg

the zr1 is barely faster than a zo6, that is if you compare the fastest times clocked for the z06, 1/4 in mid 11s, the zr1 from what i have read, isnt much faster even with the supercharger and 120 more hp. if you put a full header and exhaust system in a z06, i'll bet it would make up for the difference easy

the zr1 is barely faster than a zo6, that is if you compare the fastest times clocked for the z06, 1/4 in mid 11s, the zr1 from what i have read, isnt much faster even with the supercharger and 120 more hp. if you put a full header and exhaust system in a z06, i'll bet it would make up for the difference easy

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll21/shadow03_photos/motivational%20posters/movonjd5.jpg

Noobs dont welcome noobs

I would guess thats more of a traction issue than anything else. I also doubt your getting 120 hp from headers and an exhaust on an N/A engine.

OT: Welcome noob, badass setup.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I do like horsepower and while there are many ways to enjoy a car, seeing what you can do with it as a machine is the most fun for me.

Oh, as far as the original ZR1 comments, I appreciate the thought and support you posted. The ZR1 is an amazing car with improved handling (mainly shocks) over every other Corvette and in the right hands is a thing of beauty to see. I am very happy with my N/A engine but when you see a ZR1 making very angry noises it does make a believer out of you.

What a collection of great automobiles you guys have in your photos above - way cool!

Mike