1995 LS1 Power Mercedes SL600 Dyno Tune

DTM Brian

1995 Mercedes Benz SL600

6.0 Liter LS motor from a 2004 Chevrolet Express Van

Comp Cam 224/224 114 LSA

LS6 Intake Manifold

Transmission is from van as well.

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Chris%20Kolb%20SL600.jpg

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Customer%20Cars/DSC00003.JPG

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Customer%20Cars/DSC00004.JPG

They'll put an LS into anything these days...

+1.

I can't imagine pulling out a Mercedes V12 (if it was truly a "600") and putting in a Chevy van motor.I know the HP potential and cost of upgrades was in his/her mind,but still.When I worked for Mercedes we sold so many "600" and "V12" emblems for the people that had "300" and "500"s and wanted to upgrade!

+1.

I can't imagine pulling out a Mercedes V12 (if it was truly a "600") and putting in a Chevy van motor.I know the HP potential and cost of upgrades was in his/her mind,but still.When I worked for Mercedes we sold so many "600" and "V12" emblems for the people that had "300" and "500"s and wanted to upgrade!

That car is a true 600 and getting the v12 to run correctly is very costly.

Whats with the exhaust running infront of the engine? Space limited?

The car is missing one important part.

I like the sharpie drawn belt routing on the front cross member lol. That swap is a little silly to me, would have been cooler with a european swap like the V8 out of the 740i or something.

Speaking of which has anyone else noticed the similarity of the E38 740i V8 intake and the LS1 intake?

I like the sharpie drawn belt routing on the front cross member lol. That swap is a little silly to me, would have been cooler with a european swap like the V8 out of the 740i or something.

Yeah because that swap makes WAYY more sense, and it's cheap to maintain/upgrade too. You silly sally

I wondered when Chris would have that car finished up! I will have to see what he thinks about the cam.

I assumed that was his :)

I know he was talking about doing that swap toward the end of the summer (SL600) but good to see it is up and running. Should be a really fun car when it is all done!

Jeff