Yuengling

Kevin R.

Finally got to try this shit everyone has raved about. Turns out my roommate had a paintball tourny in PA and brought some back and let me have one.

Pretty fucking tasty indeed. Sending his ass back this weekend to get us some more. :cool:

This is just my official "you guys were right" post.

Guest 614Streets
Yah I got a 24 case of cans 2 weeks ago , I drink them with dinner, or breakfast lol. Just special occasions you know! Im drinking coffee riht now , should grab a yuen out the fridge and get the day started right.

i had some in NC and i didnt think it built up to the hype, but i dunno what i'm talking about normally. maybe i needed more than one?

Ya I actually thought it was pretty lame until maybe half way through the bottle so I thought the same thing about the hype. But towards the end it was pretty damn good.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this....

I like the beer. I think it tastes great, and I LOVE the history of the brewery aspect to it.....BUT. I honestly think that if you could buy it regularly here that people wouldn't be so adament about the beer. I think the exclusivity of the fact you can't regularly get it here adds a lot to the hype.

Honestly if it were sold here regularly it would be my beer of choice, and I'm not just saying that.. I <3 it.

I think that I would drink it regularly, but it wouldn't be my "go-to." I guess my point was that if it was sold here that many of the people who rave about it so much wouldn't have it be their regular either.

Not sure I agree with the "if it was here you wouldn't"..I have a friend that lives in Harrisburg (Pa)and is from just outside Pottsville and it's like THE beer all over. I thought it was hype until I had it and it's good, I'd buy it before any "national" brand. They did lose a little of the heritage though, they no longer use the natural spring water that the brewery was built on because it no longer flows enough they say. Now they just filter their water like a pharma company would.