new gun.....opinions

351mach11647545510

i think im going to pick up another gun this week but im not sure what I want or what the best option is. I'm looking at an S&W m&p 40 or 45 and also a springfeild xd40. Now i have played with a xd40 compact and reaklly liked the way it felt and fired, but I have never fired a m&p before. those are the 2 i am looking at but im not set on those if i can find something i like better. what do you think the best choice is for a target gun for $500 or under?

I have a full size mp9 that is a great target gun. It's pretty much dead on. The different size palm swells is what sold me. The crimson trace laser just replaces the palm swell, so it looks it came from the factor like that.

M&P, glock, or xd they're all going to shoot the same. It just depends on which features you like more.

So I went and picked up the S&W M&P in the .40 . I messed around with the xd40 and the glock 22 as well as a ruger, and I liked the feel of the M&P the best out of the 4. I have never picked up a glock 22 before and all I could think about was how ackward it felt in my hand. S tomorrow I get to go ply with it a little bit nd see how it fires

way to make the right choice. youll love it. ammo prices wise, maybe not so much, but whatever...any ammo any more is expensive.

I took it out wednesday and putabout 400 rounds through it. I like it alot. I went with the 40 for ammo prices but yet still have enough punch with it if i need to ue it. my next gun is goin to be a 1911 so obviously i'll get that in a 45.

• 2 weeks later...
way to make the right choice. youll love it. ammo prices wise, maybe not so much, but whatever...any ammo any more is expensive.

i know 9mm is obviously cheaper but as far as keeping the price down somewhat while having enough stopping force in case of a needed situation, i think the .40 was the best choice.

i know 9mm is obviously cheaper but as far as keeping the price down somewhat while having enough stopping force in case of a needed situation, i think the .40 was the best choice.

obviously 40 will stop more than 9mm, but 9mm + hydrashocks = big holes.

plus, i like having the extra 4 rounds or so incase its needed.