2001 Honda Accord question

Tractor

I'm helping a girl from work fix her car. I did the brakes already and while I was at it I checked a noise she's having (found the drivers side rear bearing causing the noise.)

The question is about the bearing and spindle. I'm gonna change the bearing, but found that the spindle has a pretty ruff area on it. The ruff part is on the dished out area up near the brake dust shield end. I'm not sure if the ruff part is something that is in contact with the bearings or not. Anyone know? I'm a toyota guy so no clue how these hondas work.

is it where the bearing rides? or where the seal rides? if so needs a spindle...

Thats the question I'm asking. I don't have the car I put it back together with brakes to get her able to get to work and will fix it at a later time. She says its made the noise for a year so it wouldn't surprise me if the spindle were toast.

Along that line where do I get a spindle? Doesn't look like advance sells them and I might not be looking hard enough on NAPA's site because I know they sell that stuff for Toyota's.

Guest Removed
Thats the question I'm asking. I don't have the car I put it back together with brakes to get her able to get to work and will fix it at a later time. She says its made the noise for a year so it wouldn't surprise me if the spindle were toast.

Along that line where do I get a spindle? Doesn't look like advance sells them and I might not be looking hard enough on NAPA's site because I know they sell that stuff for Toyota's.

i dont think napa can touch stuff like that for honduh's.

id get a used one...alittlelessthenordinary or what ever his name is on here(josh)

i almost bet he has one laying around.

Guest Removed

wait...was the bearing in the hub when you got it?all sealed etc...is it making noise now?

if it was sealed, and it not making noise, i wouldnt over think it. she should be happy she got off cheap!