Sick tires, sick price

Guest mitsumodder

I have these on the STI. They are a superb tire.

However, I think they're on Closeout because Bridgestone has an even better tire; the RE-11.

Here's an RE-01R Vs. RE-11 video shows that the RE-11 is a second faster on the Tsukuba Circuit. http://www.potenza.jp/impression/index.html

I think this is a translation of these photo's;

Adopting POTENZA asymmetric form - It improves road-hugging, optimizing form grip at the limit and raises control characteristics.

http://www.potenza.jp/lineup/re11/info/imgs/data02.jpg

http://www.potenza.jp/lineup/re11/info/imgs/data03.jpg

http://www.potenza.jp/lineup/re11/info/imgs/data04.jpg

Thermo- vision

[ Measurement method ] at the thermo- sensor measuring the surface temperature of the tire outside the front

[ Test condition ] test place: Inside the Bridgestone proving ground, inside perimeter road/driver: Company internal test driver/tire size: 235/45R17 (93W: RE-01R and 94W: RE-11) / Rim: 17×8.0JJ/vehicle: The Subaru in presser WRX STI (2006 system)/pneumatics: 230kPa (front), 190kPa (rear)/speed: 110km/h/crew-member: 1 name riding in a car

The brake stopping distance relative data (the wet condition)

[ measurement method ] it measures 5 stopping distance, calculating the mean value of stopping distance

The brake test with 5th wheel installing

[ Test condition ] test place: The Bridgestone proving ground

Asphalt road/driver: Company internal test driver/initial velocity: 80‡q/h/the depth of water: 2mm/tire size: 235/45R17 (93W: RE-01R and 94W: RE-11) / Rim: 17×8.0JJ/vehicle: The Subaru in presser WRX STI (2006 system)/pneumatics: 230kPa (front), 190kPa (rear)/crew-member: 1 name riding in a car

Steering wheel position of a vessel's helm comparison

[ measurement method ] steering wheel position of a vessel's helm at time of circuit travelling at meter measurement (0.05 seconds in measurement interval) with section of 28 - 55 seconds of limited travelling limits graph conversion

[ Test condition ] test place: Dry handling road inside the Bridgestone proving ground/driver: Company internal test driver/tire size: 235/ 45R17 (93W: RE-01R and 94W: RE-11) / Rim: 17 ×8.0jj/test vehicle: The Subaru in presser WRX STI (2006 system)/pneumatics: 230kPa (front), 190kPa (rear)/crew-member: 1 name riding in a car

The time attack relative data with the circuit (the dry condition)

[ measurement method ] all 52 lap it travels, calculating the most fast lap time and the even lap time of the most fast lap time and the even lap time and 43 - 52 laps of 2 - 16 laps

[ Test condition ] test place: east course (2,061m) dry condition/driver: This corporation trust professional driver/tire size: 235/45R17 (93W: RE-01R and 94W: RE-11) / Rim: 17×8.0JJ/vehicle: The Subaru in presser WRX STI (2006 system)/pneumatics: 230kPa (front), 190kPa (rear)/crew-member: 1 name riding in a car

its a good price but IMO the tires are marginal at best.

Really? Because in street tire class racing like AutoX, THE tire to run for the longest time was the RE-01R. It was only recently that the Dunlop Z1 Star Spec dethroned it. The RE-11 is likely Bridgestone's answer to regain the crown.

Just so you guys know if you are interested in these place your order now. They are receiving their final shipment of the re-01r's on 3-6-09 but are preselling them like video games.. when I talked to them about the 245-40-17's there were only like 100 sets to be had that they were getting on the shipment. Dont miss out or try and wait till the 6th when the truck comes.. place your orders asap if you're trying to get in on this.

Holy hell thats a good price. If I had another set of rims I'd consider getting those for summer. Although I'm happy enough with what I have now, which is essentially the all-season variant of that tire (these)

Get 'em anyways if they still have your size. You won't find tires this good for so cheap any time soon. Then you can get rims later, or sell them for a profit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mitsumodder
my tires showed up today and they are better looking than the pics make them out to be. so, i ordered 5 more. why not have and extra set plus 1 in case something stupid happens. getting them at $48 wholesale!!!

I got mine mounted and balanced and since the rx7 wasnt done yet tossed them on the mach 1 for a few days. Super super grippy i was taking an on ramp around 90 and felt in complete control with shitty stock mustang suspension. I cant wait to put them on the FC and have some fun.