Stands

conn-e-rot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.

Yeah, we rescued this one last spring. He was skinny as can be and you could see his ribs. He was wandering the streets of downtown Dayton neighborhoods and had signs he's been beaten too. Soooooooo, we took him in, got rid of his heartworms which was WAY too pricey when it was said and done. Got rid of his intestinal parasites, he had 2. Then got him fixed. Since then he is THICK and STOUT now and happy as hell living here with us. I love that dog to death now. :cool:

I bought the universal stand front/rear set for $99 from www.handyindustries.com back in 2004 and have used them on a ZX12, ZX636, and now a ZX14. 5 years for $99 bucks and my bike is resting on them both right now in the garage.

I'm purchasing some PitBulls though probably next year.

i got a set of T-Rex's they are ok...does the job EXCEPT.....when i want to use the front stand with the attachment for the Triple tree....cant use it...it presses up against my ram air intake in a bad way....so instead of risking a crack in the plastic i have to devise other methods for front suspension work.

i have the trex rear, front, and tree. work good for me.

thats because as stated your ram air is not designed as the one on my bike....Most of the 12 owners i know have yet to find a decent stand (triple tree) for them and now that the 14 is out probably wont unless they have one custom made or make one themselves. The 14's Ram Air is relocated to prevent such a prob.

• 3 weeks later...

Basically, I think if you use your stands periodically, you can get away with the cheaper ones. However, if you rely on them as often as we do, good stands are a must.

Pitbull, Vortex, and even Powerstands even though they are really rip offs... But in the end, get something good as it will last forever. You also won't have to worry about it failing and that $40 stand causing $1k of damage to your bike over an oil change...

Here's my .02. I don't have any experience using it but the price is right. However, if it is as dependable as my Harbor Freight MC table lift and wheel chock you shouldn't have any problem using it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=99701

Oh yeah, they're local with two store in Col, OH.

I have the HF stand (had a coupon, too, got it for $32 bucks) Works fantastic with the Gilles lifters. Sturdy enough I have zero concern about it falling over.

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

And before you go thinking I'm just being cheap, I'm really just trying to be a poser and use the same stands the "factory" Honda team is using...

stand01.jpg

corona2.jpg

I got some BVP stands from Iron Pony. They are pretty cheaply made but you get what you pay for. They still get the bike off the ground. The only pain in the ass is that I have to adjust the rear spool arms each time I use it. If I had the cash, I would have a pitbull.