Hye been gone for a min... BUT....

Rhett

I am moving to Cali in about two weeks. I went Active again so I am geting to move to Fairfield CA. I got the mustang being put back together after the hood comming unlatched and denting everything up and doing $2000 in damages to the car 6 Months ago. Money is tight. But since I am moving to Cali and have two vehicles.... My Question is: Do you all think I can tow My mustang on a trailer behind my 1995 Jeep Cherokee with the 4.0 I6 the motor and trans are verystrong with both of them being out of a 2000 Chereokee and only having 50k on them. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks a ton!!!!

yes you can, but you would be stressing the jeep the whole way

I know it will be hard on the Jeep, but do you think the jeep will make it? I dont want to get half way there and have a busted ass jeep. And not show up to my new duty station on time. I thought about maybe renting a uhaul truck and trailer and puting the jeep in the back of the truck and pullting th stang lol.

Guest tbutera2112
I know it will be hard on the Jeep, but do you think the jeep will make it? I dont want to get half way there and have a busted ass jeep. And not show up to my new duty station on time. I thought about maybe renting a uhaul truck and trailer and puting the jeep in the back of the truck and pullting th stang lol.

this would be best

but i dont see why the jeep wouldnt make it

how you going to get the jeep in the truck?

you would need a loading dock for sure. and hope the jeep fits

I was thinking ramps to get it out... I could possibly crawl it into the inside... I think it would fit height and width... I just may have to climb out of the back hatch once it is in:D

But Ig I could get some ramps or something like that.... Any ideas?? I dont think 2x4 will work to well lol!

Guest tbutera2112
I was thinking ramps to get it out... I could possibly crawl it into the inside... I think it would fit height and width... I just may have to climb out of the back hatch once it is in:D

But Ig I could get some ramps or something like that.... Any ideas?? I dont think 2x4 will work to well lol!

just throw some motorcycle ramps under it

Guest Removed

no, find a trucking type place that has one of those big ramps that will reach the back of it! ;)

I was going to do the Car-dolly thing first but I was looking at it on uhauls Website saying doing more that 55mph would be DANGEROUS ( In caps Beacuase they had it that way), Is that them just being "SAFE" or is doing 65-70 a bad Idea... Cause it is a long drive to Cali!

I was going to do the Car-dolly thing first but I was looking at it on uhauls Website saying doing more that 55mph would be DANGEROUS ( In caps Beacuase they had it that way), Is that them just being "SAFE" or is doing 65-70 a bad Idea... Cause it is a long drive to Cali!

even tehre big full trailer says no mroe then 55... depending on how high you keep is the mustang might bounce around but we pulled my oldnissan 300 with a dolly behind a dakota an did 70 just fine.

ide remove the driveshaft as well... you coudl keep it in nutral but you never know shit happens an it could some how bump into gear an then booooom haha

Guest Removed
if you dolly it,pull the drive shaft..you dont want to burn the bushing up in the tail of the trans. id just unbolt it from the rearend and bungee it to the xhuast so it wont hit the flange on the rearend

if you dolly it,pull the drive shaft..you dont want to burn the bushing up in the tail of the trans. id just unbolt it from the rearend and bungee it to the xhuast so it wont hit the flange on the rearend

This Is looking like my best option, I will Prob do this... I may just try to fit everything in the mustang... It will be a long tight and packed ride tho...

Guest Removed
also the last ford i pulled with the drive shaft in but out of gear (manual trans) still added miles to the cluster. not sure if it will do that to you or not.

if the drive shaft is turning, it will rack up mileage...dont know if the newer one will do to electric speedo, but id still put it.