shooting bags?

1veryfastvr4

anyone have one they like to take to the range? any links to ones you have personaly had or ones to stay away from ??

im looking for one that holds 3 to 4 guns few hundred rds and atleast 8 mags

some of the one ive looked at online look kinda cheap like they would fall apart once loaded down....

Midway USA had a really nice pistol bag a few months back, but I think it's out of stock now. Personally, I prefer a hard case, like a poly toolbox, for carrying ammo and cleaning supplies to the range, things don't get shuffled around like they do in a bag. The medium sized ones from Home Depot and Lowe's work well if you carry the pistol in them, and the small ones are ideal for CHLers.

With what you are planning to carry, weight is a consideration. Most of the bags that I've heard of failing have had straps and handles pull loose from the weight.

yea i kinda thought that, my cousin has a camo one holds 3 guns top with 4 mags and 200 rds and has held up well, but there isnt a tag on it to see who makes it, its nice cause of the shoulder straps or hand straps....

i do like your idea of hard tool box idea... i might have to check out lowes... the poly wouldnt bother me cause all guns have there own holster so they are pretty much protected

I've switched over to soft cases. Just a space issue when trying to load up the trunk.

My favorite soft side "square" rifle case is made by TacForce. The 40" version. I've had my FAL Para, a 16" AR, Glock model 30 along with some mags in it with room to spare. Now most of my rifles have an adjustable or folding style stock so keep that in mind. You may want a longer bag.

It has two main compartments:

-Smaller one has a removable AR mag pouch that'll hold 6 30 round magazines and a couple of velcro straps to secure a pistol or whatever. It's lined with the loop portion of velcro so you can put things where you want or add more straps.

-Larger section holds the rifles. It has two rows of strap points and comes with two large velcro straps to secure rifles. I've added a few extra. It also has a padded sleeve section.

I've put enough crap into this thing too make it uncomfortable and the shoulder strap (which has an adjustable\removable pad) has held up everytime. The carry handles are also refusing to die.

They come in a few colors and sizes, I went with standard black.

Can't find any good pics of them online but Blackwing has them in stock.

If I'm dragging a lot of ammo and magazines to the range or shooting some place far away and need to bring anything I might need I pack up one of my

MTM Case-Gard Muzzleloader box things and load the bags with just the firearms.

(http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/camping/ml1.html)

Got one for each of my main rifle and shotgun calibers since they're pretty cheap and work well.