Folks With Kids...

KillJoy

.... do you shop at the second hand stores (Once Upon a Child, Little Darlings, etc)?

We got a LOT of stuff for our Daughter (many BRAND NEW, Carter even!!), for CHEAP! There were all kinds of Christmas, Easter, whatever clothes that were BRAND NEW WITH TAGS! A dress that sells for $45 from Talbots normally was $10, STILL WITH THE TAG!

I highly recommend these stores to ANYONE with kids. If you have clothes in good condition, get some $$$ for them. If you want / need clothes, THIS IS the place to get it!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

All the time. Wife usually goes once per month. She also sells and shops at Trader Tots in Grandview as they have nice name brand clothes and will take the good stuff back providing more as it sells on consignment.

unfortunately, we don't shop at these stores. we donate tons of stuff to the consignment shop by me, and i can vouch for the fact that my daughters may have worn some of the things once or twice--they're in perfect shape, but toddlers grow so damn fast they will only wear them for one season. my wife has to shop at gymboree, target, old navy, and 'janie and jack'---huge ripoff, but not much i can do about it, when i spend money on bullshit car parts like its nothing. the shop by us sells the clothes for fairly cheap, and we get 50% of what they make on the clothes.