Watchmen

RedRocket1647545505

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the reviews, it isn't doing well.

The reviews seem to be all over the place. I think that if you read the comics and really liked them you will probally like the movie. If not you might not like it.

It wasn't so much that there was too much CGI; just too much dumb.

The comics were amazing. Though the storylines probably aren't for everyone. I heard they stayed pretty faithful to the comic so I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

The comics were amazing. Though the storylines probably aren't for everyone. I heard they stayed pretty faithful to the comic so I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

from what I'm reading in the reviews the plot is story very close with minor changes some being pointless and the ending is different as well (per the reviews)

It should have been a 12-hour HBO miniseries, really.

I saw this last night. I enjoyed it, but I can't tell if I actually enjoyed it on its own merits. I have a dog-eared copy of the WATCHMEN paperback that I bought in about 1990, so I'm pretty attached to the source material. So I might just be responding to what I know about the story, and not what I saw in the movie - like my mind is filling in a lot of blanks without me knowing it.

Regardless, I did enjoy the movie. The re-write was creative enough to not make me groan, and it was indeed beautiful. A Little too much CGI here and there, but what can you do.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but there were some parts that could have been cut down, like spending 20 minutes on Mars having some rather pointless dialogue. Oh and be prepared to look at blue penis for 3 hours.

Overall, I think they reviewers are wrong.