I want a drag car.

thorne

I'm sure 2grand is not enough to get started. But I really want to have a 1/4 mile car. The thing don't need to turn I got my wrx for that. I just want something I can get into the 11's and won't blow apart every time i make a pass

(Pretty much taking DSM's out of the picture).

So give me some ideas what to save for. right now I've got the bike and atleast a grand I could part with.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure 2grand is not enough to get started. But I really want to have a 1/4 mile car. The thing don't need to turn I got my wrx for that. I just want something I can get into the 11's and won't blow apart every time i make a pass

So give me some ideas what to save for. right now I've got the bike and atleast a grand I could part with.

beater civcic big turbo

fbody?

How do I find a DSM that's not been raped.

Time travel.

Seriously, don't look for a perfect one. Find one with "reversible damage". The good thing about so many being owned by idiots is that they give up hope and sell parts for dirt.

Make sure the car has good compression, do a leak down test, make sure the diffs and transfer are good. Everything else can be fixed cheap.

Also the guys that REALLY know what they are doing, and care about DSMs are some of the nicest people in the world that will go out of their way to help you.

Guest Removed
3rd Gen F-Body. You can pick up a running one for under $2k, transplant bigger engines into them for cheap, and make them hook like a bitch. Done.

3rd Gen F-Body. and hook like a bitch

dont go in the same sentence.:gtfo:

foxbody- with what ever drive train you want.

DSM

The longevity of a DSM drivetrain is directly proportionate to the owners IQ.

I beat the LIVING SHIT out my old dsm for 5x,xxx miles without any real issues besides maintenance. There is no such thing as a pristine DSM anymore I don't believe.

:(

Guest 614Streets
I would buy a rolling chassis car of a site like racing junk , drop in a large sbc with a nice set of supercomps and a victor jr , etc etc, th 350 it with a brake or better yet pg it and call it a day. You can add on a turbo or procharger and go later.

Take your money and blow that shit goodbye.

Cheap and fast are an option if you have Automotive skills like welding fabricating and craiglist surfing.

Knowledge is worth more than money if you do it right.

Buy a Mustang and call it quits:bangbang:

cheap? fast? That doesn't make any sense. $2k might find you a good rolling chassis, then you can put a good engine in it. If you want reliable and easy to make go straight, I vote f-body or foxbody. Pick your poison and open your wallet.