just a word of warning, buying from wideopenthrottle.

mustanggt5liter

i was told to repost about my buying experience from wideopenthrottle. i bought roller rocker from him, scorpion roller rockers 1.7 ratio, pedestal mount. it wasnt listed in the ad but i pmed him and called him asking if they were pedestal mount or stud mount, and i was told "pedestal mount, not stud". got the rockers and they wher 7/16 stud mount, they were gold not blue with the gold scorpion on them and i have no idea the ratio on them. the only thing i do know is that he put them in a used scorpion roller rocker box for 1.6rr, pedestal mount 5/16,sbf. now i have 3 set of 7/16 stud 1.6 and 1.7 rockers that i have no use for. now i am stuck with them.

i tried to get a hold of him and hasnt replied to either phone calls or pm's. i have left him many messages on both with no answer. i belong to buckeyestangs and he has been logged in there at least once a dayfor the last 8 days. i have left him pm's at both places and i know he has gotten the message that its not what wed agreed upon, i told him in the messages that id trade him back the rockers and give him a few more bux for the fuel rails, at least i could have used them. but noway nohow is this guy going to reply to any of my messages. he has abondoned cr for bs, i know he been on the computer so i know hes been on the boards and there is no reason not to get back in touch with me.

so just becarefull of you who you buy from and deffinately should not buy from wideopenthrottle cuz you just dont know what your gonna get, and be sure to buy it in person so that you can see it before give/sending you money to him in particular.

just wanted to let you guy now not to buy from him and get the same results as i did.here is the listing of the sale ad in the swap meet:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59310

so you can see for yourself.

• Downvote 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he misled me on what the acual part that i received. i got a set of rocker armsbut they were nothing like described. i reconfirmed 2 times, 1 by email, and 1 by phone that they would be pedestal mounted rockers. now i dont know if they are even sbf rockers. hell they could be for your car. thats the warning, just cuz he can type it doesnt mean he has that item fro you. sorry if its so confusing, im just trying to put too much info in a small post. thanks for your help guys.

Well, hopefully he chimes in. Otherwise it's going to be considered as scamming, and we don't take kindly to those folks 'round here.

Yeah! Get him! rabble rabble rabble

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/mob_article_large.article_large.jpg

All kidding aside, good luck with getting this taken care of nice and smoothly from here. This situations always suck.

yup, youd better be carefull. like i said earlier, he abandonded columbus racing and whent to prey on buckeye stangs. his stuff is crap so dont say you havent been warned. good luck. if he replies to you ask him about these rockers and see what he says. thanks.

i dont know his email, i just pm'ed him. his name is jamie, again i dont know his last name and i do have his #. i dont want to post his # in the thread but i can pm to a moderator or above. he uses the same screen name at both of the sites i know he belongs to. thanks for all you guys help.

kill him??

edit:: does he live in columbus?? do you have his address?? how did you get the parts?? you should be able to find out where he lives. people tend to answer questions when they are confronted face-to-face

Guest Removed
yup, youd better be carefull. like i said earlier, he abandonded columbus racing and whent to prey on buckeye stangs. his stuff is crap so dont say you havent been warned. good luck. if he replies to you ask him about these rockers and see what he says. thanks.

well he just pm'd me back on buckeye about the intake, and some other parts i asked him about.

btw, how did you get the parts?

Today is my first day to get online and take a look at my PM's it's finals time and I've been swamped with work and school all at the same time.

Dave, Why didn't you give me a call instead of PMing me? I don't care to give you the money back, all you had to do was call and talk instead of anticipating me to get online daily.

To note: You looked the rockers over and thought they were the same thing as I did. If you have 2 sets at home just like them then you should have been able to tell the similarities between them. I told you exactly what I had been told they were.

Also you say you called in other threads and such? I Never received a call from you, a voice mail or anything???

I don't care to give the money back for the rockers, but putting me out to be a scammer is wrong!!! Next time CALL instead of anticipating people to get on board daily.

P.S. I Didn't go over to BuckeyStangs to scam more people Ive been a member on it for over a year.

so just becarefull of you who you buy from and deffinately should not buy from wideopenthrottle cuz you just dont know what your gonna get, and be sure to buy it in person so that you can see it before give/sending you money to him in particular.

just wanted to let you guy now not to buy from him and get the same results as i did.here is the listing of the sale ad in the swap meet:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59310

so you can see for yourself.

Sorry I've been responding as I read this crap. But you say to meet in person! Hell we met in person, you looked them over for 20 minutes; we talked for an hour, and I even met your daughter.

You looked at them and thought they were the same as I did, and the same as I was told!

Guest Removed

victor jr...the one i pmed you about on buckeye just 2 days ago

and if dude had your number and didnt call, then thats where this story is getting bent.

cant please everyone

Also a little FYI Like I said, Finals are around the corner and I'm a Medicine major! I don't have much time but I will stay on here until this gets straightened out

Welcome back WideOpenThrottle

Edit Avatar

You last visited: 02-25-09 at 7:41 pm

Log Out

victor jr...the one i pmed you about on buckeye just 2 days ago

and if dude had your number and didnt call, then thats where this story is getting bent.

cant please everyone

He has my number and met me in Chillicothe at McD's to get the part, heck he even knows where I work! He could have stopped in and asked for me if he couldn't get a hold of me.

But he never called me since that day... He did PM me on here that night but I haven't been on since then.

you werent too busy to log onto buckeye stangs everyday!! dont start the bs. i left phone messages and pm's to both sites. you were on buckeyestangs everyday and sometimes twice a day, you know they have a log like here. i have no idea where you work. if you were in my shoes youd feel the SAME way. really, is this how you do business? avoid 1 site but goto the other after selling something that was described to me as something totally different? honestly, i thought being willing to trade them back was fair. i know you got the numerous pms to both sites, they do goto your email even if you dont log into the sites. im just looking for a fair shake thats all, and i dont feel like i got it.

i left you 2 messages on your phone and a dozen on here and on buckeye stangs. and this is the first reply in almost 2 weeks. i tried everything and you wouldnt reply. i told you on both sites i would trade you back the rockers for the fuel rails and stil not reply.

^ It's from Dave, the guy who met me and picked up the rockers....

I asked him to keep it public to help clear my name! I won't be seen as a scammer.

I received 2 messages on here from you, 2 on Buckeye Stangs.... Not 12, but like I said I have not had the chance to be online! I have NOT received a call from you since

Incoming 10:13 PM Feb 24th Dave *

Dialed 4:41 PM Feb 25th Dave *

Missed 4:30 PM Feb25th Dave *

Those are directly from my phone! I just looked them up!

I told you when we were on the phone where I worked at, anyways I do not get onto Buckeye Stangs hardly ever. My cousin who was kicked off from Buckeye Stangs, for talking crap to a moderator, and was wanting to buy a set of 3:73 gears and a gauge pod off from DSM Fighter who is a member on there. Anyways, I know how they track things and I am not stupid and don't think you are either.

And to be honest, I would be upset if the same thing happened to me. But I am on the other side and I know I have not received a single phone call or voice mail from you and feel like I am getting put out to be the bad guy when I had no clue they were the wrong thing EITHER; meaning you thought they were the same as I did.