3 cities, Paris, Munich, Auckland

Akula

Anyone have some "must do" places for this list?

Seems like I am never on the ground anymore. Anyway, I am going to paris for 3 days, Munich for 2 and Auckland for a week (that will wrap up march for me).

If your in Auckland for a week, I would suggest renting a car and traveling down the north island and back. Its a very small island and there is a lot of beautiful country, a good place to hang for a couple days is Tauranga, and Rotorua are sweet young surfer type feel to them. Trek back packers are very nice and cheap too.

As for Paris, the Louvre is worth the visit for sure...and of course the Eiffel Tower.

Haven't been to Munich, but have been to Frankfurt, definitely a cold vibe. Food and beer was good but some cold people, and German is not so friendly on the ears.

I did Paris last Spring Break. The normal big sites are good. I should have bought the museum pass but ended up paying individually. Its a worthwhile buy. If you don't want to wait in line for the Eiffel Tower I suggest going up in the Arc de Triumph. Great views, and no lines. I think I actually liked it better than the Eiffel too.

Notre Dame is on the list of course.

Montmontre and the markets on the bottom of the hill are cool. Great views from here also, worth the hike up the hill.The markets are where the royality used to sell their old flee infested clothes. Hints the name Flee Market.

I am working in Auckland (I wish I did all this travel for vacation) so I don't have the chance to drive anywhere.

Well those towns arent that far away...good weekend trip...thats if your not working on the weekend?

im sure you've mentioned it before, but what is it you do again, that you get to travel around the world what seems to be year round?

I am the Director of World Wide Technical Enablement for a Silicon Valley tech company called Blue Coat Systems, INC.

Basically, I ensure our technical stakeholders understand our technologies and I implement strategy to get them back on course should they fall off of it.

I am the Director of World Wide Technical Enablement for a Silicon Valley tech company called Blue Coat Systems, INC.

Basically, I ensure our technical stakeholders understand our technologies and I implement strategy to get them back on course should they fall off of it.

Silicon Valley Hype Man?

• 2 weeks later...

Paris was pretty good. The French are rude (I know, who knew), they smoke all the time, and I wasn't impressed by the food (worst steak ever).

Currently in Munich, pretty good amount of snow on the ground. The U-Bahn is super simple to navigate, I love good public transport.

Work in Paris and Munich has been quite good, getting stuff done is always worth while.

Auckland coming up this weekend. I might not come home.

If you've still got any time in Munich, go to the BMW factory and take a tour. Its pretty cool.

One thing I would've suggested in Paris is that you skip the whole Paris thing and drive up north to Normandy. Nowhere have I ever felt more insignificant than amongst the graves by the beach. Its a sight I feel like every American, Briton, or anyone whose life was helped by the Allied efforts should experience.