Maaco

Rhett

Maaco on E Main in Reynoldsburg.

I had my car painted since the hood incident, I was weary about going there but they were close and cheapish. I got my new hood painted, fender, door, A-pillar, <-- all those are from the hood... And my back passenger fenders rust fixed and the damages on the bumper fixed and sprayed... then there was a bad spot on the front fender from i thing re-tread on the freeway. But any how, they did all this for $1,090 and it looks great. I was surprised how well it came out and they did a great job keeping me posted on the status.. they had the car for only 4 days.

If you go there ask for Dan'o.

I know... I hope its not to bad... long term plan is to repaint the whole car, when I am done with under the hood in the next year or two. So as long as I have the two year warranty, I will be happy as long as they honor it.

I know... I hope its not to bad... long term plan is to repaint the whole car, when I am done with under the hood in the next year or two. So as long as I have the two year warranty, I will be happy as long as they honor it.

That's the problem, repainting is going to be a bitch on those panels now.. AFAIK Maaco still uses an Enamel(Acrylic?) based paint. In order to paint the car again, you have to completely strip the panels with the enamel before you can paint over them again.

I can agree that they don't do a bad job, in fact if you do a lot of the prep work yourself you can get a pretty stellar looking paint job for cheap, but I wouldn't do it on anything I'd consider repainting again.

BTW, Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I was told by some experienced painters around columbus when I was looking into getting a paintjob for my AE86.

you're 21, so later, you can blame your stupidity on age. i went to maaco when i was 19 or 20...the car went back either 7 or 8 times, and STILLLLLLL wasn't right. dirt under paint every time it went in (the excuse i got was "it can't ever be perfect), paint flaked off, overspray EVERYWHERE, etc. it was horrible

i was glad when the car got totalled in the hail storm 2.5 years ago so i didnt have to keep dealing with maaco

I prepped cars at Maaco a few years ago, we sanded the cars with 220 to take the clear off and scuffed the car with scotch brite pads, then it moved on to the tape guy then around to the painter.

some cars came out and never saw em again and some cars came back time after time just depends on what the customer wanted

I've always been happy with the work that specific shop has done for me! I've had them paint a few cars and even do some major frame work. Honest/Friendly to deal with and always did me right. I'm a repeat customer and will be in the future.

I've always been happy with the work that specific shop has done for me! I've had them paint a few cars and even do some major frame work. Honest/Friendly to deal with and always did me right. I'm a repeat customer and will be in the future.

There is hope!!!:)