School Shootings

HAOLE

Some food for thought.

Shootings in Germany, Alabama Underscore Violent Side Effects of Psychiatric Medications

by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) A 17-year-old former student opened fire near Stuttgart, Germany, killing at least 16 people. The teenager was a former student at a Winnenden school, where he initiated the shooting spree. Three teachers and at least 10 students were killed by his actions.

The media is reporting that Tim Kretschmer, "walked calmly into three classrooms and opened fire, without saying a word." Following the shooting at his school, Tim ran to a psychiatric clinic school and killed an employee there. (Did he have a link to the psychiatric staff members there?)

A day earlier, a man in his mid-30's opened fire in Alabama, killing ten people before he was shot and killed by law enforcement.

It's the medication, not the firearms

In seeing the news reports on these events, the ignorant masses quite predictably leaped to the conclusion that "guns are the problem." Apparently in their minds, these shootings were carried out solely by guns and have nothing whatsoever to do with the people pulling the triggers. But the truth is far more insidious: It is the psychiatric medications that are causing violent shooting sprees in America, Germany and elsewhere.

These dangerous psychiatric medications drastically imbalance brain chemistry, causing teens (and adults) to feel distanced from reality, as if they are walking through a video game. In fact, this was exactly how the Columbine school shooters described their experience of carrying out the infamous shootings in Colorado.

The report that Germany's shooter, Tim Kretschmer, "walked calmly into three classrooms and opened fire, without saying a word" is a strong indication that he was almost certainly suffering the brain-altering side effects of psychiatric medication.

The pharmaceutical companies, of course, incessantly attempt to deny the reality that their drugs cause school shootings. In fact, their psychiatric drugs actually cause the very same things they often claim to treat! Antidepressants, for example, can cause depression, suicidal thoughts and violent behavior. They also directly promote weight gain, obesity and diabetes, and those health conditions can then lead to more depression, requiring more "treatment" with medication.

It's all a gigantic scam. These drug companies are just selling patented chemicals for profit while destroying the lives of human beings in the process. In my view, Big Pharma is responsible for the deaths of all those killed by drug-induced shooting sprees. Read the jaw-dropping collection of quotes (below) from authors on this issue to learn even more.

Not surprisingly, the mainstream media remains virtually silent on this issue, not even mentioning any link between psychiatric drugs and school shootings. The media, you see, is largely funded by drug company advertisements.

A film you must see

A truly remarkable documentary film on the history of psychiatric medication is now available through CCHR (the Citizens' Commission on Human Rights). Watch it here: http://www.cchr.org/#/videos/making...

Or see the two-minute trailer here: http://www.fightforkids.org/video/m...

CCHR is the same non-profit organization that produced Psychiatry - An Industry of Death, which you can watch on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsfH...

CCHR is the world's leading organization fighting against the psychiatric medication abuse of children. I recently visited CCHR in Los Angeles and toured their shocking museum called Psychiatry - An Industry of Death. This is an absolutely mind-bending museum you simply can't miss seeing. If you're visiting Los Angeles, make plans to go through this museum (admission is free).

You'll find it in the Hollywood district. The street address is: 6616 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90028.

CCHR is the leading organization standing up against psychiatric medicine around the world. They have achieved an amazing number of important accomplishments in exposing the fraud and criminal behavior of the psychiatric industry, and they deserve your support: http://www.CCHR.org

Listen to the song: S.S.R.Lies

You may also know I'm the writer and singer on the song known as SSRIs - S.S.R.Lies which you can download or listen to here: http://www.naturalnews.com/SSRIs_S_...

The lyrics are included on the right-hand column of that page.

Authors' Quotes on Antidepressants and School Shootings

Below, you'll find selected quotes from noted authors on the subject of antidepressants and suicide or violent behavior. Feel free to quote these in your own work provided you give proper credit to both the original author quoted here and this NaturalNews page.

This first list of school shootings is from the book, Psyched Out: How Psychiatry Sells Mental Illness and Pushes Pills That Kill by Kelly Patricia O'Meara:

Illegal mind-altering drugs may elicit the same or similar adverse reactions as many of the newer mind-altering antidepressants, yet this important correlation, beyond a cursory mention, is absent from serious consideration in most of the school shootings. The following list of school shootings is an example of the number of children with a known history of psychiatric counseling and psychiatric drug use: [abbreviated list, get the book to read the full list]

• Kip land "Kip" Kinkle, 15 years old, May 21, 1998, Thurston Middle School, Springfield, Ore. Killed his mother and father and two students; wounded 25 others. Psychiatric counseling and drug use: Prozac.

• Shawn Cooper, 15 years old, April 16, 1999, Notus Junior-Senior High School, Notus, Idaho. Fired two gun shots. No one injured or killed. Psychiatric drugs used: "antidepressants."

• Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, 18 and 17 years old, respectively, April 20, 1999, Columbine High School, Littleton, Colo. Twelve students and one teacher killed; 24 others wounded. Shooters commit suicide. Psychiatric drug use: Harris had been prescribed Zoloft and Luvox.

• Thomas "T.J." Solomon, 15 years old, May 20, 1999, Heritage High School, Conyers, Ga. Six wounded. Psychiatric drug use: Prior psychiatric counseling and Ritalin.

• Elizabeth Bush, 14 years old, March 7, 2001, Bishop Neumann High School, Williamsport, Pa. Wounded one student. Psychiatric drug use: "antidepressants."

• Jason Hoffman, 18 years old, March 22, 2001, Granite Hills High School, El Cajon, Ca. Killed one; wounded one. Psychiatric drug use: Celexa and Effexor.

• Cory Baadsgaard, 16 years old, April 15, 2001, Wahluke High School, Mattawa, Wash. Held 23 students and a teacher hostage with a rifle. No injuries or deaths. Psychiatric drug use: Paxil and Effexor.

• John Jason McLaughlin, 15-years old, September 14, 2001, Recori High School, Cold Spring, Minnesota. One killed and 1 wounded.

• Jeff Weise, 16 years old, March 21, 2005, Red Lake High School, Red Indian Reservation, Minn. Killed nine and wounded seven others then committed suicide. Psychiatric drug use: Prozac.

• Michael Carneal, 14 years old, Dec 1, 1997, Heath High School, West Paducah, Ky. Killed three students; wounded five others. Had psychiatric counseling prior to shooting.

• Mitchell Johnson, 13 years old, and Andrew Golden, 11 years old, March 25, 1998, Westside Middle School, Jonesboro, Ark. One teacher, four students killed; 11 wounded. Johnson received psychiatric treatment prior to the shooting.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That article is so full of wrong that it's difficult to pick a starting point on where to tear it apart. Ironically, it appears that the author is in dire need of psychiatric medication.

So school us on how wrong he is. Seems like a fairly stout correlation. BTW. ya ever read the side effects of that crap? Why would we ever expect people to deal with life, just drug them it is easier!

Seems like a fairly stout correlation

of course it does (to you). mainly because you're an uninformed 'lay person' with just enough knowledge to be dangerous--hence, why you became a chiropracter. how much time have you spent working in a psychiatric facility in a clinical setting?? none?? figures.

i'm no psychiatrist, but i spent enough time on OSU's psych ward to see what happens to people when they get off their meds (schizophrenics, severely depressed, and manics mainly), and the recovery they make once back on their meds. do i think anti-depressants might be just a bit over-prescribed?? perhaps, just a little.

So school us on how wrong he is. Seems like a fairly stout correlation. BTW. ya ever read the side effects of that crap? Why would we ever expect people to deal with life, just drug them it is easier!

Rick, I would guess Tilley has read the studies.

I've gotta agree with the 2 docs in this thread. Psych meds have their place. My opinion is only based on a single quarter of mental health nursing, which was enough convincing for me on their effectiveness. As Kirk said, perhaps some are a bit over-prescribed, but, who am I to judge? I'm not the psych doc.

I see this as less a correlation to meds/treatment, and more as proof that these people had issues in the first place.

This is a crude, yet apt analogy. Lets say you have a crackhead, a rabbi, and a circus clown living in your house. One day you come home and the VCR/Betamax combo you recently purchased is missing. You inspect the rooms of your guests for clues. You notice the crackheads rooms is littered with trash, vomit, a vagrant, pawn shop receipt, and small pieces of crack/cocaine, the room smells of foul-burning chemicals. You notice in his bathroom that he has been using a different type of hand soap, and shampoo than the clown and the rabbi. Ideas flutter, and you begin to formulate that the added chemicals in the soap/shampoo combo may have had an effect on the crackhead over an extended period of time. The two liquid soaps together may have even reacted with each other, heightening their otherwise innocuous effects. These reactions may have caused a chemical response in the section of the brain that controls impulsive, deviant, behavior such as theft, and smoking crack with street folk.

That or the crackhead just stole your shit so he could go get some crack.

Edited by sol740

Sol, your analogy is priceless!

"drug" issue aside, I love how the article infers that school shootings are something new, and that must mean they're a product of our society's recent addiction to over-medicating. Problem is that school shootings have been happening for quite some time. It was what the late 60s when Whitman was popping people from a clock tower in Texas? It's not exactly a new concept.

It was what the late 60s when Whitman was popping people from a clock tower in Texas? It's not exactly a new concept.

He abused amphetamines and had family issues and they also found that he had a brain tumor after his death.

Seems like all these things start with family issues, which lead to drug issues which lead to killing sprees. Thats my theory

of course it does (to you). mainly because you're an uninformed 'lay person' with just enough knowledge to be dangerous--hence, why you became a chiropracter. how much time have you spent working in a psychiatric facility in a clinical setting?? none?? figures.

i'm no psychiatrist, but i spent enough time on OSU's psych ward to see what happens to people when they get off their meds (schizophrenics, severely depressed, and manics mainly), and the recovery they make once back on their meds. do i think anti-depressants might be just a bit over-prescribed?? perhaps, just a little.

Hey, I am just using common sense. Dont get you feathers ruffled. I am not saying there is no use for these meds. I think they are over used and are leading to bad things happening in some cases.

Instead of teaching people to deal with life, we drug them in America. This has been primarily an American problem until recently. As other countries become invaded by big pharma the same trends will happen there too.

I see this as less a correlation to meds/treatment, and more as proof that these people had issues in the first place.

This is a crude, yet apt analogy. Lets say you have a crackhead, a rabbi, and a circus clown living in your house. One day you come home and the VCR/Betamax combo you recently purchased is missing. You inspect the rooms of your guests for clues. You notice the crackheads rooms is littered with trash, vomit, a vagrant, pawn shop receipt, and small pieces of crack/cocaine, the room smells of foul-burning chemicals. You notice in his bathroom that he has been using a different type of hand soap, and shampoo than the clown and the rabbi. Ideas flutter, and you begin to formulate that the added chemicals in the soap/shampoo combo may have had an effect on the crackhead over an extended period of time. The two liquid soaps together may have even reacted with each other, heightening their otherwise innocuous effects. These reactions may have caused a chemical response in the section of the brain that controls impulsive, deviant, behavior such as theft, and smoking crack with street folk.

+1 Occam's Razor

So I guess the meds did not work too well huh?

So close.

Good story, and you're right it wasn't the shampoo. The shampoo didn't alter his mind, the crack did. The anti depressants aren't the crack heads "shampoo", they are the crack heads crack.

Anti depressants do good. Some people have a greater quality of life from them. Some people also have adverse affects from them. If you argue this, you have never read a the warning in the pamphlet that comes with most anti-depressants.

This thread is going to end up with two sides arguing extremist views. The truth is anti-depressants can be good and can be bad. I believe them to be over used. People should also be screened prior to and AFTER receiving the medication to make sure they aren't one of the unlucky few who suffer from the adverse affects of a mind altering drug.

So I guess the meds did not work too well huh?

That's likely true. In cases of mental illness, or any illness really, meds don't always work. It is unfortunate that with extreme mental disorders, as opposed to say IBS, instead of just continuing to diarrhea, you go do something crazy.

So close.

Good story, and you're right it wasn't the shampoo. The shampoo didn't alter his mind, the crack did. The anti depressants aren't the crack heads "shampoo", they are the crack heads crack.

Anti depressants do good. Some people have a greater quality of life from them. Some people also have adverse affects from them. If you argue this, you have never read a the warning in the pamphlet that comes with most anti-depressants.

This thread is going to end up with two sides arguing extremist views. The truth is anti-depressants can be good and can be bad. I believe them to be over used. People should also be screened prior to and AFTER receiving the medication to make sure they aren't one of the unlucky few who suffer from the adverse affects of a mind altering drug.

I agree, and I wasn't quite going for a point to point comparison per se, just made up a story where the obvious, logical answer was ignored. The second logical answer in the case of meds, would be that the meds didn't work, not that they caused an incident. Lastly you would look at the meds based on the percentages of violentmurderrampages/to not (of course a real study would have many, many more variables, and I'm being purposefully reductive for your reading pleasure), I do agree that meds can have adverse effects on individuals, which is why there are so many different types of drugs used for similar problems. Also we can't really keep track of people that are prescribed meds, and lie about taking them, and don't take the right dosages, or skip days here and there, or feed them to their dogs, or sell them to their friends.

Meds are definitely over-prescribed IMO, but I'm not a doctor so what do I know. Someone ask me about computers. Quick.

Perhaps the same drug does not do the same things in all people?

KillJoy

Bingo IMO. I do feel that some use of medication is okay, but the goal should be very short term and all should be done with a much better course of action in place than just here's your script and refill every 3mos.

They didn't help me at all when dealing with the my brother and his death a few years back. Made me feel like shit actually. The best thing I did was tossing them in the trash, amd working out and eating healthy instead. It wasn't easy, but I felt the positive results within one week.

I need to do the very same thing again as I've been feeling a bit off lately. My bodies own drugs worked much better.

Have you ever read the side effects on half the medications out there. Part of it s a legal disclaimer for the most part. And yes some pills can do bad shit . For example. BiPolar people do not respond the same to Antidepressents (Mainly SSRI's) as a persson suffering of PTSD or just plain jain chronic / acure depression.

Are you kidding me. I'll take this one Tilley.

So PEOPLE who where being treated for Psychiatric Disorders killed people.

Again lets repeat that. These people where already diagnosed as mentally unstable.

Do some pills make shit worse for some reason. Hell fucking yeah. Lexapro fucks me all up. But I can promise you if I did not take my pills and follow the treatment prescribed by my doctor, I would not be a very stable person and could see how something could trigger this type of outburst.

Since when did you go down the road of psychology ? Stick to helping peoples backs because your far from qualified to make statements from a medical perspective on Psychology .

I am not saying there is no use for these meds. I think they are over used and are leading to bad things happening in some cases.

Instead of teaching people to deal with life, we drug them in America. This has been primarily an American problem until recently. As other countries become invaded by big pharma the same trends will happen there too.

^^^^^ Definitely truth in there. Not saying drugs are the only cause or are causing more harm than good, but they are part of a chain of more problems in many cases.

Hey, I am just using common sense. Dont get you feathers ruffled. I am not saying there is no use for these meds. I think they are over used and are leading to bad things happening in some cases.

Is this the same common sense that tells you the earth is 6000 years old? Really can we trust your rationalization on this? I mean it's almost as skewed as your view on society or anything else.