The Playoffs

HotCarl

So who is honestly excited about the Blue Jackets making the playoff's? I will admit I havent been the biggest fan but in the last 2-3 seasons I've been watching the team and their progress (and subsiquent decline) and to see what they have done this year just fullfill's what I always wanted to see. A major league Columbus team (buckeyes dont count kids) be a legitamant contender in the playoffs.

Its exciting to see what the Jackets have accomplished in just the last week and what they could accomplish in the coming 14 games. I can honestly say this city has looked to the buckeyes for championship play for so long its hard to shift focus to another team let alone another game all together (afterall who wouldve thought 8 years ago Cbus would/could be a hockey town?) But being in the arena district on game nights and non-game nights and seeing the excitment of the fans about what could happen is really exciting, no?

A great example is FSN's coverage of Blue Jackets hockey this year. Which is up some 40% over last year. Last season I remember FSN choosing to show Cav's games over Jackets games time and time again, im not a huge bball fan so thankgod thats not the case this year. Is anyone else as excited as I am? I want this so bad not only for the team who deserves it but for a city who needs it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT:

Ok, I forgot to mention the Columbus Crew and (currently defunct) Destroyer's when I mentioned Professional sports in Columbus. The Crew, which deserves as much attention and respect as any other pro team (especially considering their championship run this year) really earned the respect but Soccer is arguably more/less popular than hockey in North America and the United States as a whole. Either way, they did earn the respect with their championship in their respective sport. I guess Im just a bit biased b/c im a hockey fan :)

EDIT: Everything I've just written is a drunk post. None of you idiots have any reason to make rediculous fucking post's about absolute nonesense simply because your under the influence because Ive just proven it can be done. The backspace key is crutial to making sure you dont sound like an ass ;)

Edited by HotCarl
Drunk Post ftw

Yep. I already have my playoff seat lined up, 4 rows from the glass.

Anyone going to try to get some green seats tomorrow? I was probably going to go pretty early, if anyone else was we could meet up.

I'm freaking pumped. I hope I can get time off work (2nd shift) to get down to the Arena in April, or May or June for that matter :)

Im in the same boat. second shift mon-fri. ive managed to hit up a few games this year but im thinking of getting tickets for the last regular season game on April 11th.

Will there still be green seats for playoff games?

I have a friend that works as an usher at Nationwide. They have been told that yes, there will be green seats for the play offs. But just like the rest of the tickets they will go up the same %. So they are not going to be $10. But those lines are going to be crazy long when we make it to the play offs.

We have had a hell of a year and no matter what we do this year, we should to even better next year. I have waited since they announced that Columbus was getting a NHL team. This town doesn't even realize what is going to hit them. LOL

I watched the Blackhawks game at a bar, and holy fuck, the bandwagon is out in full force.

One guy was screaming "Let's go Blue Jackets", dude, if you're going to be loud about it - at least get the chant right.

haha

haha

Me and the two guys I normally watch hockey with were in disbelief at all the people suddenly cheering for the Jackets. All season we had to request games be shown on TVs, no one paid a bit of attention.

During that game the entire bar would scream when something good happened (and since they're all bandwagon fucks, sometimes when nothing amazing happened at all).

It was insane - kind of like when UFC became the cool thing and all the Tapout faggots started watching. ZOMG HE GOT PUNCHED BRO!!! GET LOUD!!!!one

/hate for bandwagon chotch bags

I'll admit that while I've followed the Jackets for several years, I still don't know a ton about the game of hockey - picking it up as I go along. It's a little aggravating that most people who are suddenly fans haven't given a damn about the team until a month ago when the news started picking up the road to the playoffs story. But in the end, whatever puts butts in seats and Columbus on the map is okay with me. Times like this are when teams and the game pick up some quality fans who otherwise would have never given a second look.

I'll admit that while I've followed the Jackets for several years, I still don't know a ton about the game of hockey - picking it up as I go along. It's a little aggravating that most people who are suddenly fans haven't given a damn about the team until a month ago when the news started picking up the road to the playoffs story. But in the end, whatever puts butts in seats and Columbus on the map is okay with me. Times like this are when teams and the game pick up some quality fans who otherwise would have never given a second look.

Yeah, that and it'll really help us get better players. A lot of players would never want to be part of the Blue Jackets, now that we have talent and are selling out games, we'll be able to pick up some good players in the FA market. Plus all the extra ticket sales will help us resign all our rookie superstars in '10&'11 when they are RFA. (Brassard, Russell, Mason, Vorachek, Filatov) also to keep Vermette and Nash in '10.

Me and the two guys I normally watch hockey with were in disbelief at all the people suddenly cheering for the Jackets. All season we had to request games be shown on TVs, no one paid a bit of attention.

During that game the entire bar would scream when something good happened (and since they're all bandwagon fucks, sometimes when nothing amazing happened at all).

It was insane - kind of like when UFC became the cool thing and all the Tapout faggots started watching. ZOMG HE GOT PUNCHED BRO!!! GET LOUD!!!!one

/hate for bandwagon chotch bags

Last game i was at i had some drunk fucking idiot sitting next to me who didnt know anything and just kept screaming "FUCKING HIT HIM FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!" there's a family of 4 with two small children sitting in front of us. They were canadien fans so they obviously knew what they were watching. I saw the dad just look at this cock bag in disgust as if to say "is this what a blue jacket fan is?" I was almost embarassed.

Its fine if you dont know the game or know all the rules etc.. I actually like sitting next to someone who doesnt know what icing is but realize its a game of skill. they dont go out there and just fucking pound each other all game long then expect to win.

So many agonizing defeats against Detroit over the past years of my fandom for the Jackets. This is an exciting game for me tonight, as we finally have the chance to take our most-rivaled team in the conference-series and when they're ranked 1st in the West, no less.

I'm buying a Voracek jersey. :cool:

I got me a Brassard jersey a couple months ago. :cool:

I want a Russell jersey, but they don't really make them yet.

If i were buying a jersey I would probably go with a Commodore jersey. That guy is badass. im watching the detroit game right now but know we lost 4-0, ouch.