The Playoffs

HotCarl

I got me a Brassard jersey a couple months ago. :cool:

I want a Russell jersey, but they don't really make them yet.

So i stoped by Columbus Gold to talk to my brother (whom works there) as im sitting at the bar waiting i see two decently well dressed guys walking on the other side of the bar. I know i recognize the short haired one but the other one walked into the bathroom before i got a good look. went over to talk to my buddy who was talking to them and sure enough it wad Derrick Brassard and Jarod Boll. I hate coming off like a crazy fan but i had to meet them. Seemed like great guys, real down to earth and cool. I asked Brassard how he was feeling and such (wasnt wearing a sling or anything) he said good and that its just healing up after the surgery now. He's like "yeah i hurt it in a fight" to which I responded "yeah I saw that, that guy was huge wtf were you thinking?" Definitly cool guys.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boll rocks. I'm with you on not wanting to be that guy that runs up like ZOMG, but I'd have to say what's up to him.

When I was in Arizona we ran into Eric Byrnes at a bar and while we all knew who he was, none of us cared enough to be ZOMG YOU PLAY IN THE MAJORS. Dude seemed cool as hell, none the less.

I'm uber excited for the Jackets and for the play-offs. There have been so many horrible games I've sat through over the years as well as great ones. I've been to a couple of play-off games in Nashville and Raleigh and you're all right, this city has no idea of what is to come. That barn on Nationwide Blvd will be rocking!

So i stoped by Columbus Gold to talk to my brother (whom works there) as im sitting at the bar waiting i see two decently well dressed guys walking on the other side of the bar. I know i recognize the short haired one but the other one walked into the bathroom before i got a good look. went over to talk to my buddy who was talking to them and sure enough it wad Derrick Brassard and Jarod Boll. I hate coming off like a crazy fan but i had to meet them. Seemed like great guys, real down to earth and cool. I asked Brassard how he was feeling and such (wasnt wearing a sling or anything) he said good and that its just healing up after the surgery now. He's like "yeah i hurt it in a fight" to which I responded "yeah I saw that, that guy was huge wtf were you thinking?" Definitly cool guys.

Yeah I've met Brassard a couple times. He's pretty cool. One of the guys I work with her sister hangs out with Brassard and is going to get him to sign my jersey for me and a couple of his rookie cards I have. Dorsett is another one of the really nice guys on the team. You wouldn't even think he's the kind of enforcer he is on the ice.

If i were buying a jersey I would probably go with a Commodore jersey. That guy is badass. im watching the detroit game right now but know we lost 4-0, ouch.

Yeah, I almost got a Commodore jersey, but I just love Brassard on the ice. I think I'll probably get a custom Russell jersey soon too, just so I can be the only one sporting one at Nationwide.

I'm looking forward to it as well! At first, they were just hoping to make it. Now I hear talks of trying to win home ice for the first round and make a run at least to the second! They've had pretty convincing wins as of late too which really goes to show what kind of team they are. It’s just odd for me to think of them as a playoff team. I mean the 1st 8 years Blue Jackets hockey to me was just something to do on a Friday/ Saturday night. Hell I don’t think I saw a winning game at nationwide for a while. And the fans are really getting into it! It’s goanna be GREAT! I’m going to try and get tickets if possible.

Boll rocks. I'm with you on not wanting to be that guy that runs up like ZOMG, but I'd have to say what's up to him.

When I was in Arizona we ran into Eric Byrnes at a bar and while we all knew who he was, none of us cared enough to be ZOMG YOU PLAY IN THE MAJORS. Dude seemed cool as hell, none the less.

We use to have Federov and Zherdev come intot he club before, Ive even went to a few small after hours parties and they were there but I was never one to kiss their ass. Federov was cool and Zherdev was kind of an ass. Im sure I'll see Boll and/or Brassard again but im sure they just want to go somewhere to relax and not talk about hockey.

Then again we saw a dozen or so Boston Bruins at Gordon Biersh last week, my buddy had no problem asking them if they wouldnt mind taking a breather and laying down that tue night when they played the jackets. He's an ass.

Holy shit! Jackets were awful and deserved a loss...but came away with it anyway! :cool:

I heard from numerous people and believe it myself. In past season's we would be the ones clinching the 1pt lead the whole game just to blow it with 3 goals in the last 3 minutes of play. Fucking awesome.

Bringing this back up from the dead, as there are puck fans here...

Per Puckrakers at the Dispatch...

The Blue Jackets have announced their ticket plans should they reach the playoffs.

Individual game tickets for all first-round home playoff games at Nationwide Arena will go on sale April 11 at 9 a.m. Game dates will be announced the evening of April 12 with the playoffs games scheduled to begin on April 15.

Tickets for first round games will be on sale at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, the FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, online at BlueJackets.com and Ticketmaster.com, or by phone at (800) 745-3000.

First-round tickets range from $45 to $230. Second-round tickets range from $50 to $250. Third-round tickets range from $90 to $300. Stanley Cup final tickets range from $125 to $400.

The club also announced that 250 Huntington Green Seats and a minimum of 200 Rush CBJ student tickets will be available for all playoff rounds. Huntington Green Seats will be priced at $20 for first round games and $30 for the second round, while Rush CBJ student tickets will be priced at $30 in the first round and $35 in the second round. Prices in subsequent rounds and complete on-sale details for both programs will be announced at a later date.

And also to note that season ticket holders will be having their pre-sales begining Mon, 3/30 for full play-off packages and Friday, 4/3 for individual game tix.

Sooo, buddy up to your friends who are STH's!

• 2 weeks later...
would you rather play Calgary or Vancouv?

If I had to choose between the two it'd be Calgary, but I'd rather play Detroit or San Jose. Vancouver has been getting really hot lately and Luongo has finally looked like he did at the beginning of the season.