The Playoffs

HotCarl

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of CBJ fans are Ohio State fans. You're just an idiot.

Just cause I'm an OSU fan or because i live in Columbus dosen't mean i have to like the Jackets......They are a sub par team that just got blown out of the playoffs. I'm glad you like them, I don't.

Sounds like your just a nutswinger anyway, probally drooling over Nash's stick.

Hope you fell like a tough guy now......calling someone an idiot on the net. My day is crushed by your opinion. At least you stand up for your team, glad to see that.

I'll leave you alone now to soak up a nice series.

• Downvote 1

eh......blue jackets, never cared for them probally never will.

This is a College town and always will be, could careless what the Jackets do.

And all this coverage is making me sick, sorry but they don't have a shot in hell.

if you dont like the jackets, and dont like hearing about them then why even open the thread. better yet why input your comments into the thread?

that is why you are an idiot.

Just cause I'm an OSU fan or because i live in Columbus dosen't mean i have to like the Jackets......They are a sub par team that just got blown out of the playoffs. I'm glad you like them, I don't.

Sounds like your just a nutswinger anyway, probally drooling over Nash's stick.

Hope you fell like a tough guy now......calling someone an idiot on the net. My day is crushed by your opinion. At least you stand up for your team, glad to see that.

I'll leave you alone now to soak up a nice series.

I think its funny how you wait until the season is over to voice your opinions. Its true everyone is entitled to their own, but with an attitude like yours Columbus will always remain "just a college town".

But I do find it very humorous how people with little to no knowledge of the game of hockey like to voice their opinions on how the Blue Jackets suck. They made the playoffs, they're obviously better than the other 13 teams who didnt make it. They just happened to be seeded with the best team in the NHL and the best team who has been in recent memory. I could bring up the many blown games in the tressel era (USC rings a bell) but I wont, because I'll admit im an OSU fan. If your a fan of any team you stick with them through thick and thin, whether its a loss to Detroit or Texas your still a fan.

Now take your hockey pity party and go fuck yourself. In the meantime, GO YANKEE'S!

As for the game last night, fucking heartbreaking but at least they went out with a bang and showed osgood that he's really not a goalie god, hell the guy only really shows up in the post season anyway. But the midday show on 97.1 brought up a good point in saying this is just another hurdle for a young team and there's nothing but a silver lining. With young rook's like Mason, Voracek, Brass and Filatov in the pipeline theres alot to be happy about with the future of the Jackets. Cant wait until next year.

As for the game last night, fucking heartbreaking but at least they went out with a bang and showed osgood that he's really not a goalie god, hell the guy only really shows up in the post season anyway. But the midday show on 97.1 brought up a good point in saying this is just another hurdle for a young team and there's nothing but a silver lining. With young rook's like Mason, Voracek, Brass and Filatov in the pipeline theres alot to be happy about with the future of the Jackets. Cant wait until next year.

+1. A win would have been nice but a farewell-til-next-year is better at home anyway, I guess. I'm honestly thrilled and content that it ended like that and not another blowout. We actually looked like a playoff team last night, not just a team who happens to be in the playoffs. It may have taken them 4 whole games to finally get that you must play with desperateness in the playoffs, but hopefully getting that first taste of what playoff hockey is like will give them that little extra push next season. I can't wait for Brassard and Filatov to get some real playtime and Mason to settle.

So anyone want to talk about round 2 match ups? Or is this thread going to die because the jackets are out?

Unfortunately, I feel you on this. I've been watching nearly every Round 1 game but I don't think many of the CBJ fans on here are still watching hockey at all. That is probably why this thread is dying. However, Detroit is a whore, second only to Michigan. :cool:

I do not have a second favorite team, though I do tend to pull towards favorite players. I was happy to see Fedorov finish off NY but I was sad that Zherdev was such an awful playoff scorer. I doubt NY will keep him anyway.

What about San Jose/Anaheim?! The Sharks seemed to just flip their switch off, as if they were content with their regular season record and didn't need to go on any further. If Anaheim plays the way they did against San Jose for the rest of the playoffs, I think we'll see them in the finals, probably up against Boston.

Edited by TheHaze

< Also still watching the playoffs, and will continue to until it's over.

The Ducks comeback is pretty amazing, and I'm willing to bet they can continue all the way to the Finals. As for the East, I don't think anyone really stands much chance against Boston and their series against Carolina should be damn good.

So anyone want to talk about round 2 match ups? Or is this thread going to die because the jackets are out?

No way, im a fan of the game first and foremost. Just bc CBJ is out doesnt mean hockey is dead. the NY/Caps series was a surprise, i definitly didnt pick NY to go the distance with the firepower the caps have but the better team definitly won. I think the caps will win over the penguins (sorry pittsburgh fans but i fucking hate crosby and his constant whining, cant wait to see Ovie put his ass in the boards hard).

My predictions, Detroit over Anaheim, blackhawks over canucks. For the East, Boston over Carolina and as I said before Caps over Pitt. Cant wait.

I'll be honest, I quit watching, I'm new, and I know of no other players other than the jackets. I'm new and am still pissed. The only retribution that I feel is the Pistons were swept in NBA by the Cavaliers. :) I at least feel good that I went to both Home play-off games. Game 4 was the best game I saw in person. I had so much fun, and I sat with nobody I knew. Maybe after I get a few more seasons into it I will start to watch more teams and Post season. The draft happened in NFL this weekend so I watched that all weekend.

The problem with the sharks is that they never show up for the post season. The most exciting matchups this round are going to be chicago/voncouver and washington/pitt. I want to see the caps shut all the pens fans up. Of course, I'm going to watch every wings/ducks game too.

I have always been a Red Wings fan, dads family grew up in Detroit. I am very excited about the 2nd round, Canucks in 5, Wings in 6, Boston in 6, and then the Pens in 7. There is a very very good chance there will be a rematch in the Stanley Cup... which I think would be amazing. Last years Stanley Cup was one of the best finals I have watched in a long time.

I have always been a Red Wings fan, dads family grew up in Detroit. I am very excited about the 2nd round, Canucks in 5, Wings in 6, Boston in 6, and then the Pens in 7. There is a very very good chance there will be a rematch in the Stanley Cup... which I think would be amazing. Last years Stanley Cup was one of the best finals I have watched in a long time.

I disagree on two of the series. I think the caps and hawks will both win.

Yeah, it is easier to say now, but i still thought that before the second round started. I wanna see caps vs wings in the finals

Won't happen. Neither of those teams will make it to the finals.