I'm bored as hell at work so here are two stories I find amusing.

kenny

Someone made a post on one of the Buick boards talking about good memories from your rides, so these are two of mine.

One that sticks out has to be getting lined up next to a trailer car I followed all the way to the track.

About the time I reached the exit for the drag strip, I pulled up behind a 69 Camaro on a trailer. Obviously, he was headed where I was, so I didn't bother to pass him on the two lane road that leads to the drag strip even though he was driving rather slow.

We get to the track, he unloads the car while I let mine cool down a bit. It ends up that we get lined up next to each other, I do my normal quiet burnout and light the first bulb. He does a John Force burnout, makes all kinds of racket and finally stages.

From memory our lights were about the same, as were our 60's (which I still laugh about it since my car was on a 28x9 ET Drag and his was on at least a 12" or 13" slick - this was at MCIR btw). I went an 11.20 to his 11.3x. After the pass he caught up with me while the hood was open and asked if it was the same Regal that had followed him in, I told him it was and that I had been getting around 24mpg with the A/C on. His face was priceless.

Another good one was getting booted from the local tech nazi track (read: Trails). I had just bolted the turbo back on (exhaust seal had been leaking, so had it rebuilt) and was running late getting to the track. My brother was with me since he hadn't seen the car make a pass. We get there rather late, so I had to talk to a few guys in the tower to even get someone to tech the car. Finally someone comes all the way from the far end of the track and techs the car as a 12.00 at best car. I tried not to smile as I assured him it wouldn't do better than a 14.30.

My brother heads to the stands to watch and ends up next to the guys girlfriend I lined up next to. It was a cold night, so I made sure to put a lot of heat in the tires. My brother hears the guys girlfriend say "Why is that grandma car doing such a big burnout?". Since I was running time only I didn't bother treeing the guy, so he gets a good 330' spot, if not more. The girl then makes another comment along the lines of "what is that car doing?" about the time I left off the brake. The car 60'd harder than it ever had before (my brother claims it hung the driver side wheel an inch or so) and I reeled the guy in HARD. His 1/4 mile MPH was something like 96mph to my 98mph in the 1/8.

Since I had just put the car back together it ended up being a little fat on the tune and broke up on the big end, but it was on it's way to a 10.90 pass based on the 60' and 660' times. When I reached the timing shack I got a dirty look and already knew what was coming - no more passes for me that night.

Headed back to pick up my brother, he told me about the things the girl said, we had a laugh and drove home.

That's my random, bored out of my mind at work on Sunday thread. Also some motivation to start assembly of my long block tonight, assuming Napa has the tap and bit I need.

I have so many stories like yours from when I was doing the Grand Prix stuff. I can't count the times I was laughed at in the staging lanes by muscle drivers only to dust them by, in many cases, whole seconds.

One I remember in particular was an LS1 Corvette in the lane next to mine, three cars back, at Norwalk. Driver walked up to me with several of his buddies in tow, asked if I borrowed the car from my Mom, laughed in my face, and said I should get a hold of something fast like his Corvette. "You'in need a real fast car like my Vette!" was about what he said.

When I got to the strip, I had the official hold me so I could get lined up with him. He just laughed and shook his head. I beat him with a 11.7x to his 12.3x and three miles an hour. We were both on DR's.

He didn't look at me at the end of the track, and I gave him plenty of opportunity. I saw him and his buddies in the staging lanes two more times and none of them would look me in the eye.

I have so many stories like yours from when I was doing the Grand Prix stuff. I can't count the times I was laughed at in the staging lanes by muscle drivers only to dust them by, in many cases, whole seconds.

One I remember in particular was an LS1 Corvette in the lane next to mine, three cars back, at Norwalk. Driver walked up to me with several of his buddies in tow, asked if I borrowed the car from my Mom, laughed in my face, and said I should get a hold of something fast like his Corvette. "You'in need a real fast car like my Vette!" was about what he said.

When I got to the strip, I had the official hold me so I could get lined up with him. He just laughed and shook his head. I beat him with a 11.7x to his 12.3x and three miles an hour. We were both on DR's.

He didn't look at me at the end of the track, and I gave him plenty of opportunity. I saw him and his buddies in the staging lanes two more times and none of them would look me in the eye.

You know it, that shit never gets old. :D

I have such a raging boner to do it with the El Camino. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU TOOK A 355 OUT OF IT TO PUT IN A V6?!!!1one

I remember when Jeff and I used to cruise 270 in his old Red Laser....:lol: Man those were some GOOD times.

I remember when Jeff used to beat on everyone with the Laser. Definitely good times.

I remember when Jeff and I used to cruise 270 in his old Red Laser....:lol: Man those were some GOOD times.

Remember that car we saw spin out on I71 going to Akron? That shit was gold.

The Laser was straight gangster. Steelies? Check. Stock appearing muffler with an open downpipe? Check. :lol:

Remember that car we saw spin out on I71 going to Akron? That shit was gold.

The Laser was straight gangster. Steelies? Check. Stock appearing muffler with an open downpipe? Check. :lol:

HAHA I do remember that....I miss Columbus car scene....out here it's lame....or to far away for me to care about. That and I don't have a car and the bikers around this area are plain retarded and I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

The Laser was straight UGLY!