Richart chevy sold...

ChevyMan1972

Everyone,

I have inside information that as of this Thursday that Richart Chevy on Hamilton road was purchased by Dave Gill pontiac. My brother in law works at Dave Gill in the part's dept. and was pulled into the office saying that they have been bought. From what I hear the Richart employees will loose there job or be shipped off somewhere else..

I didn't know if this was posted somewhere else I did not feel like searching through the hole forum..

Later,

Dan

Guest tbutera2112
Everyone,

I have inside information that as of this Thursday that Richart Chevy on Hamilton road was purchased by Dave Gill pontiac. My brother in law works at Dave Gill in the part's dept. and was pulled into the office saying that they have been bought. From what I hear the Richart employees will loose there job or be shipped off somewhere else..

I didn't know if this was posted somewhere else I did not feel like searching through the hole forum..

Later,

Dan

repost

Very good friend of mine works there, I'll have to contact them & see how they're faring?

not good so far, we still know nothing really. the germain people are here talking to us about working for them. i should know more about 2ish.

yeah all the cars are being moved to our lot tomorrow morning, dave gill just purchased the GM franchise, all the cars, and parts from ricart, they still have a lease on the building so from what i was told, they are keeping it open for there bodyshop and to sell used cars.

Anymore news ? So they basically just bought the an cars not the actual location

Ricart didn't own the building. They leased it from Bill Swad at the small fee of $60,000 a month. They're going to keep it open until they find a place for a new body shop since they closed the one at the Mega Mall. Once they have a new place for that they're filing BK to get out of the lease. From what I understand, Dave Gill Pontiac GMC becomes Dave Gill Chevrolet and Len Immke Buick becomes Len Immke Pontiac Buick GMC. Gill and Immke have been duking it out trying to figure out who was going to get the franchise rights to all three lines under GM's realignment program that was brought out years ago. This was the best way to keep all parties happy. Especially since Ricart Chevy hasn't produced a profit in several years now due to their high overhead and bad location.

Ricart didn't own the building. They leased it from Bill Swad at the small fee of $60,000 a month. They're going to keep it open until they find a place for a new body shop since they closed the one at the Mega Mall. Once they have a new place for that they're filing BK to get out of the lease. From what I understand, Dave Gill Pontiac GMC becomes Dave Gill Chevrolet and Len Immke Buick becomes Len Immke Pontiac Buick GMC. Gill and Immke have been duking it out trying to figure out who was going to get the franchise rights to all three lines under GM's realignment program that was brought out years ago. This was the best way to keep all parties happy. Especially since Ricart Chevy hasn't produced a profit in several years now due to their high overhead and bad location.

not all of your info is correct. up untill this year we have been making money. they are also in that building for the next 15 months to see if its going to be worth it to keep a body shop at all.