Nissan Cube WTF

Mr. Jones

Gotta love Edmunds review:

"For all its efforts, the Nissan Cube owns the distinction of being the slowest car we've ever tested, beating out (well, maybe that's not the right word) even the first-generation Toyota Prius. It bustles itself up to 60 mph in 13.8 seconds. Six seconds later (that's 19.8 seconds altogether for those of you keeping track at home), it goes through the quarter-mile at 67.4 mph." :nono:

Fuel economy still loses when you consider how long it will take you to get anywhere. I'd stay clear of highway on-ramps as well... you'd be dead in seconds.

Hmm...how do you figure?

My 86 cavalier (a HS car) went 19.19 all day at 60 somethin mph. This with the 2.2/auto and it did fine on the street and so will this 'Cube'. You guys are looking into this too far

Hmm...how do you figure?

My 86 cavalier (a HS car) went 19.19 all day at 60 somethin mph. This with the 2.2/auto and it did fine on the street and so will this 'Cube'. You guys are looking into this too far

I don't know about you but if you were to merge from Sawmill to 270 east behind a couple cars during heavy traffic, this turd isn't going to have any power what so ever to get you on the highway without leaving a squirt in your pants. Hell if it takes a 1/4 mile to his 67mph, I an only imagine how bad it must be with an auto tranny in that 45-70mph zone needed there. :eek:

I don't know about you but if you were to merge from Sawmill to 270 east behind a couple cars during heavy traffic, this turd isn't going to have any power what so ever to get you on the highway without leaving a squirt in your pants. Hell if it takes a 1/4 mile to his 67mph, I an only imagine how bad it must be with an auto tranny in that 45-70mph zone needed there. :eek:

Now thinking about it, I believe the cavy went faster (mph) in the 1/4 than that. I forget what though. Yeah I do hear ya, but I work with a guy who drives his beat to fugg metro to work everyday and lives off sawmill. If that pos can do it, I really wouldn't worry about this Cube. But I wouldn't want to get stuck behind it either :)

Yeah I saw this in car and driver magazine a few months ago. This car is big enough to live in if you were a bum. I would daily drive it for sure. Oh and the quote of the metro its true. I had one that had 20% compression in one of the cylinders. It was slower then the cube and I was on 71 a lot. Fuck it I got 50-55mph I didn't care. 4 speed stick and 3 cylinder engine is slow but gas bill real cheap =o

• 1 month later...