? about sting ray vettes.

thorne

My wife is talking about getting a second job so she can buy one later this year. She was curious what's the price to expect ? We found one for 5000$ that looked nice.

OR

Would it make sense to buy a roller and take it to ips for a ls1?

Sorry the wife is really buggin about not having a fast car any more. She misses her monte carlo. She nixed my Fox body idea ;( .

Guest tbutera2112
My wife is talking about getting a second job so she can buy one later this year. She was curious what's the price to expect ? We found one for 5000$ that looked nice.

OR

Would it make sense to buy a roller and take it to ips for a ls1?

Sorry the wife is really buggin about not having a fast car any more. She misses her monte carlo. She nixed my Fox body idea ;( .

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1111/Other/post/1453806/pro-street-tubbed-1979-corvette-twin-turbo-.html

You can find decent rollers for under $2500. In all honesty, i wouldnt even fool with an LSX... buy a Jegs crate for like 1800, find a used turbo 400 or 700R4 (dirt cheap) and just drop it in. With the old stingrays, theres no need to swap all kinds of junk into them unless you are really trying to make something that will really scoot along down the freeway.

You are not going to get much a stringray vette for under 5K. Expect a full restoration will be needed. What I mean is the frame might be rusted out. What year are you looking for? The most affordable ones are 75 to 80 and these running will be around 10K. Believe me 10K is too much for these but they are not dropping in value. If you are looking for the chrome bumper ones, expect to be in between 15K to the sky is the limit. I do vette restoration as a hobby(no LS1 type of stuff ,old school), if you are serious pm and I can assist. Edited by RS69

You are not going to get much a stringray vette for under 5K. Expect a full restoration will be needed. What I mean is the frame might be rusted out. What year are you looking for? The most affordable ones are 75 to 80 and these running around 10K. Believe me 10K is too much for these but they are not dropping in value. If you are looking for the chrome bumper ones, expect to be in between 15K to the sky is the limit. I do vette restoration as a hobby(no LS1 type of stuff ,old school), if you are serious pm and I can assist.

+1.

Saying "tell me about Stingrays" is kind of like "tell me about RS Camaros." Too vague to give much of an answer. What year, options, etc are you looking for?

I am helping with a 67 restoration now. It will probably be a $30k restoration, and we got the initial car for dirt cheap and it came with every single original part.

Guest tbutera2112
hey, fuck you guy

v8beast will edit these later...retune in for the funny

according to my sig, my warranty is up...but im pretty sure ive got another 3years 20k miles left!!....i think v8beast has already been up to some trickery