my kids tearing it up...

xlr8tn

Got my boy(5) a 110 a month or two ago and my daughter (2) got his old 12v electric. They have a blast in the back yard on them. Ride them pretty much every day. When they get older I'd like to buy one for me and the wife and then we can all go riding. Growing up I always wanted a dirt bike or 3 wheeler ( back then 3 wheelers were the shit) but mom and dad never had the money. I swore that my kids would ride if at all possible so I made it happen.

both together

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/008resized.jpg

had to make the 12v hers so a couple cans of paint later and she has her own now

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/019copy.jpg

badass man. you should do that mod to the electric one for more juice.

I've been threatening too for years. Just haven't got around to it and now my daughter needs a little more practice before I would up the juice. I know some have had luck running 24v through it but I've also read where 18v was much easier on them. My son rode the shit out of that thing for 3 years and now my daughter has it. Very good investment. I've been amazed at how durable they are.

I've been threatening too for years. Just haven't got around to it and now my daughter needs a little more practice before I would up the juice. I know some have had luck running 24v through it but I've also read where 18v was much easier on them. My son rode the shit out of that thing for 3 years and now my daughter has it. Very good investment. I've been amazed at how durable they are.

Yes, my nephews had a jeep. the only real problem with that one was the front wheels started to bow in. but then again, I would look out the window and see one of them riding on the hood.

I kinda messed up with it. It has the "turbo" which is the twist style throttle and then the foot pedal. So basically you get 6v with the foot pedal and then twist the throttle to get the other 6. When I was painting it I took the throttle wires and soldered them together so now the foot pedal gives her all 12v. What I wish I would've done was wired it the other way so that the throttle gave all 12 and then reversed the brake wires in the foot pedal so that she had to push on the foot pedal to apply the brake. It would help her get used to riding the real thing a little easier when the time comes. That's been one of the challenges with my son riding the real thing. Getting him used to using the foot brake. He's pretty much got it now though after a month or so on it. I still don't recommend stepping out in front of him though. :D

god, I had to beg and plead to even pay for my own moped when I was 14

I remember once my dad told me if I brought my math grade up he would buy my buddies dirt bike for me. My buddy was selling a little 90c honda or something like that. I had like a D in math. I studied my ass off and got a B- the next quarter. Asked dad about the bike and not only did we not have the money for it, he'd forgot about even telling me that. I was a little pissed off 10 year old for a while.......still am. :D