The HID

MrMeanGreen

I got the H7 enclosures used from a guy on FirebirdV6.com. I'm waiting on a PM back from him to see where he got them new.

I got the kit from http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DDM_35W_55W_Slim_Ballast_HID_Kit-101-60.html

I made the adapter harnesses (stock plug to H7) using parts from my old bulbs and new H7 pigtails from the auto parts store.

5000k in my Avalanche. Have had them for over a year. I aimed my lights down to prevent blinding people...I have never had anyone flash their high beams at me, so they must not be too blinding.

I am semi-happy with mine. Because I have auto-on headlamps, if I start the Avalanche up in the dark, sometimes one or both balasts won't fire up; a quick flick of the high-beams gets them to both fire. If the truck is running and the headlamps kick on, they always fire up. I am sure some sort of headlight delay upon startup would fix this, but it isn't that big of a deal, especially since I don't drive it that much anymore. Haven't had any issues other than that, and were only about $88 shipped new.