2001 Pontiac GTP Dyno Tune

DTM Brian

Not bad, kind of makes me miss my GTP.

What's the "power log manifold'?

Its better then a ported exhaust manifold but not as good as headers. Its in between the 2...

I installed my P-log , 2.5" d/p, and 3.4 at the same time and it made a huge differance. I ran a 14.2@97 before I installed those 3 items.

I cant wait to get it to the track and see what it has now. It has an Intense tune on it now but would love to get it dyno tuned here real soon...

KR?

Yeah, I'm assuming the baseline lean spike was caused by KR. Typical for cars with a 3.4 pulley and still on a factory tune, or a lot of times even on stock pullied cars (but to a lesser extent). On WOT runs, as the RPM's climb, the stock PCM may pull a shitload of timing, which appears to be the case in this instance. I could be wrong though

Yeah, I'm assuming the baseline lean spike was caused by KR. Typical for cars with a 3.4 pulley and still on a factory tune, or a lot of times even on stock pullied cars (but to a lesser extent). On WOT runs, as the RPM's climb, the stock PCM may pull a shitload of timing, which appears to be the case in this instance. I could be wrong though

Getting rid of that u-bend in the exhaust or adding a downpipe would help out. That u-bend is crazy obstructive...

Getting rid of that u-bend in the exhaust or adding a downpipe would help out. That u-bend is crazy obstructive...

True story. With my 3" downpipe/u-bend delete my GTP still had 2-3* of KR around the 2nd-to-3rd shift, and that was with the stock pulley. I'm sure it was higher before I added the downpipe

I don't see how pulling timing would make it go lean. If my WRX pulls timing it make it a tad rich for a second but settles back

I don't see how pulling timing would make it go lean. If my WRX pulls timing it make it a tad rich for a second but settles back

Hmm...then perhaps it has something to do with the torque management thats built into the factory PCM?

Its better then a ported exhaust manifold but not as good as headers. Its in between the 2...

I installed my P-log , 2.5" d/p, and 3.4 at the same time and it made a huge differance. I ran a 14.2@97 before I installed those 3 items.

I cant wait to get it to the track and see what it has now. It has an Intense tune on it now but would love to get it dyno tuned here real soon...

hmmm that makes me curious as to what mine would run? i have a ZZp 2.5" DP, custom catback/flowmasters, CAI, 3.4 pulley, intense PCM and some minor little shit

maybe you can tinker with my tune a little brian? i wanna get my tranny flushed and add a shift kit/new filter first though.

hmmm that makes me curious as to what mine would run? i have a ZZp 2.5" DP, custom catback/flowmasters, CAI, 3.4 pulley, intense PCM and some minor little shit

maybe you can tinker with my tune a little brian? i wanna get my tranny flushed and add a shift kit/new filter first though.

I was wrong in my post I dont have the 3.4 I have the 3.5 my fault..

I didnt want to put on a 3.4 until i could get it custom tuned. Either way we will know probably next weekend what I'm running.