Rotary Valve Engine

99FLHRCI

In their video they said they tested their engines up to 14850 rpm...

want...

Well, you theoretically wouldn't have any valve float.. There's just an issue of oiling and the added rotational mass. Very interesting. This could work well on Direct Injection engines.

Avenger got me thinking about another old Hot Rod Magazine article I remember from a company called Arao...they made a bolt-on 32valve head for the Chevy 350. It was wild looking...

i remember reading about these a while ago. appearantly still around too...

http://www.araoengineering.com/

...they make bolt on 4v heads for small block/big block/LSx chevy engines, early HD engines, and VW beetle engines. prices are damn steep though($7,500 for LSx and $10,000 for big block:eek:)! make sure to check out the vids, that engine sounds absoloutley insane!

There were a BUNCH of companies back in the late 80s-early 90s trying to get their particular OHC conversions to the market. Most of them were nothing more than snake-oil, but there were a couple that at least got into customer cars. There was a Ford 460 head that looked like a Cammer, but was DOHC, with one cam driven by the crank, and driving the other by a tiny chain. Edelbrock did a 3-valve SOHC head for the LT-1 for GM sometime in 91 as an experiment that went nowhere. There was even a DOHC head for the 500cid CADILLAC motor, which made some runs in a rail dragster. The weirdest one I remember was a SBC head that used OHC for the 2 intake valves, but the in-block cam for the exhaust valves.