3800 into a 3400 Grand Am?

KillJoy

I've seen them put a 3800 S/C motor into a caviler, so I'm sure a Grand Am would be fine...but why?

Cause ever since he sold his maurader he is emo.

Plus his wife got a new car an he has to rock out her grand am haha an now ill be baxk on his ignore list.

You would be one of the very few to do it, but it takes A LOT of work to get it to work property. That first one never really ran right and I think the guy dumped it. Second one has a write-up with it somewhere.

you guys are both talking about cars that came with both 60* and 90* motors though

he needs to stick with something in the 2.8, 3.1, 3.4, 3.5 family

No, he doesn't. Same bolt pattern if you want to go stick, if you want auto, the trans in the Grand Am won't even begin to handle the torque from the L67, so you're gonna be swapping to a 4T56E-HD anyways.

No, he doesn't. Same bolt pattern if you want to go stick, if you want auto, the trans in the Grand Am won't even begin to handle the torque from the L67, so you're gonna be swapping to a 4T56E-HD anyways.

I'm talking for ease of a swap..its his dd not a fucking racecar.. 205 hp from a 3.5 would be plenty enough power. he's not lugging around a 65,000 lb bonneville/park ave all the wiring/sensors would be almost a direct swap

3.5 has very limited aftermarket. I doubt you want to swap in a motor without the possibility of further mods. Meantime:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-8l-L67-Series-II-Supercharged-Engine-w-4t65e-hd-52k_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem390039420890QQitemZ390039420890QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

That's for a running engine, trans, full accessory section, engine wiring harness complete to the PCM, which is also included. Only thing not included here is the subframe and axles.

OH, btw, the Direct injection 3.5 makes 300hp, but with the weak torque, a mildly modified L67/L32 can take them off the line and hold the lead down the 1/4 pretty easily.