V-Max vs. B-King Shootout in the March Motorcyclist!!!

Fonzie

Ask & 'ye shall receive!! :D

"It's King Kong versus Godzilla in the Intergalactic Heavyweight Title Fight of the Millennium......Ready to Rumble"

I'll scan the cover in here later

Going to be kind of hard for the Vmax to beat the King with a shaft drive and a limiter set at 136mph.../142 dragstrip.

I read an article about the vmax.. Always loved the look of them but when I actually rode one that shaft drive is just crazy.. But hey if you want some fun buy a vmax...

The jacking effect is actually quite minimal on the VMax, so kudos there, but there's no getting around the stiffer rear suspension with the throttle twisted. Bump absorption isn't as compliant and, worse, the minimal weight transfer makes this the most difficult 200-horse bike to wheelie that I've sampled! Long black darkies are typically the result of mono-wheel attempts - taller, heavier riders, who induce more weight transfer, have an easier time of it. However, this shaft-drive byproduct has hooligan benefits of its own. Without much rearward weight transfer, the reasonably sticky 200mm Bridgestone BT028 has a snowball's chance in hell of not melting when the V-Four is given its head. If you've even been foolish enough to want to mimic the rear-wheel-sliding corner exits of pre-traction-control GP riders, the VMax stands head and shoulders above anything else on two wheels. Tire-spinning corners exits have been part of my fantasy world that rarely transfer into actuality, but Mr. Max makes them ear-to-ear-grinningly real.

I just think it's funny how it's always 'Bike Brand xyz' vs. the Suzuki "....."

ZX-14 vs. Busa

VMax vs. BKing

1000RR vs. GSX1000R

Ninja 650 vs. SV

and on and on and on. I supposed that's how you know you've made it as a company. You set the benchmark for comparisons no matter how bad or false they are. Like King said... the bikes technically compete in two different market segments.

I don't understand why these two bikes are constantly being compared.. The B-king is a naked sportbike, the V-max a power cruiser.

They are just the newest big brutes on the market. They will be compared, but I dont really think you can call a 550#, 1340cc bike a naked sportbike. It would have to be much lighter and more compact. shortened streetfighter Busa, maybe.

They are just the newest big brutes on the market. They will be compared, but I dont really think you can call a 550#, 1340cc bike a naked sportbike. It would have to be much lighter and more compact. shortened streetfighter Busa, maybe.

I would agree, it's more of a streetfighter than naked sportbike. And like I told Fonz the other day, I'm interested in seeing how the Vmax compares. 200HP? That's impressive for a stock Yamaha

What What? Send me the link?

We're freakin asking!! No BEGGING!! Where the feck is it!! :)

As promised boyz.....here it is. You can thank me with some love on my rep :D

picture.php?albumid=89&pictureid=1371

Edited by Fonzie