Columbus Tattoo any good?

99MustangGTman

Hey guys, as some of you may know i'm new to the area. I want to get some work finished on my ribs I had done maybe 8-9 months ago. I went into Evolved and they told me $250. All i'm getting done is some clouds and dark greys to fill in the upper part of my tattoo. I understand good tattoos aren't cheap, I have 7 of them, so I know a general range of what most sizes of tattoos should cost, I just don't see how it can cost that much to do that little bit. I went into Columbus Tattoo off High St. and talked to the artist named Pudge and he told me $70, which seemed more than reasonable. I'm just not familiar with his work or any shops around here for that matter. Can anyone tell me if this shop is any good?

-Ray

I got mine at the bear's den in dublin. Have a 3.5" x 2.5" flag on my arm, i was impressed that all 50 stars came out very good. I went to a couple shops that kept trying to talk me into wrapping or folding it so they would not have to do as much work.

Guest tbutera2112
LOL - again - at anyone bargain shopping for a tattoo.

If Evolved told you $250, and some other shop told you $70, then I'd rather pay $500 than to have the dude who quoted me $70 do the tattoo.

i hope evolved has better tattoo artists than they do piercers....the guy who did my eyebrow seriously took 2 whole minutes to pierce it because he got the needle halfway through and he somehow knocked the jewelry off of it and he had to try and shove it in afterwards, and it fucking hurt....idk his name, but hes the dude with the horn piercings coming outta his head

evolved charges waaaaay too much and they arent all that great. i have one unfinished piece from there and probably wont go back for the rest. i hop around for most of mine. but the guy sleeving my leg is real good. he is all the way up in marion though. if your on campus hit up Inspired by Ink...my buddy Ben (bam bam) works down there and can lay it down like no other. he is also fair on prices. located on north High right across from Gumby's pizza!

i hope evolved has better tattoo artists than they do piercers....the guy who did my eyebrow seriously took 2 whole minutes to pierce it because he got the needle halfway through and he somehow knocked the jewelry off of it and he had to try and shove it in afterwards, and it fucking hurt....idk his name, but hes the dude with the horn piercings coming outta his head

I wouldn't know, I haven't had anything pierced since I pierced my ears with a sewing needle and a piece of ice when I was a sophomore in high school. Yeah, I went to Groveport, so back the fuck up off me. :)

I'm not saying i'm trying to go cheap on tattoos, I just want a fair price, just because some shop quotes you $500 and the other says $200, doesn't necessarily mean the other shop is better, just means they overcharge.

I know what you're trying to say. As for Columbus Tattoo, I have no idea - never even heard of them. I had all my tattoos done at Evolved, but it was more because of the artist who did them and not so much as Evolved itself. For me, it was about feeling comfortable with the artist and his/her work, attitude, approach, and so forth. My allegiance was/is to the artist, not so much the shop.

Seriously? I pierced my own eyebrow with a 14 gauge needle and no ice or anything to numb it. Of course, Jager might have helped to ease the pain. :D