FS: My TurboII RX-7, $5000

Berto

OK guys, I'm putting my car up for sale. I am honestly just tired of it. Give you the quick history of why I am selling it. In 2006, rebuilt it (large street port). Let it sit for a while because I was graduating and moving. Moved to Indy, messed with it and got it running, BUT it had low oil pressure. I remembered during the original rebuild I had removed check balls from the rotor cooling nozzle in order to get better flow to the rotors, which was fine but I didn't put any restriction in the nozzle which I believed to be causing the low oil pressure. So I pulled the engine and basically rebuilt it again, since I had to take the eccentric shaft out to put in the check balls again. Got it back together and still had low oil pressure. So this winter I replaced the Oil pump and upgraded the pressure regulators to FD regulators (75 psi). This did the trick. The motor is broken in, but has recently developed a coolant leak, into the oil. The engine starts and runs no problem, however.

I am honestly just fed up with this car. If I don't sell it I will keep it for a few years till I begin to care about it again and I will just buy a built engine out of a wrecked car or something. The car has also has an odd sound in 4th gear, I was planning to have the transmission rebuilt this year. Also, I was planning to have the car tuned.

The problem is that at this point in my life I will end up spending $2000 on a montor, $1000 on a tranny build and $500 to tune it. All so I can have a 12 second car that is too nice to track race and will likely just get me in trouble with the police. Its just not worth it to me I'd rather get something else, maybe an 67 impala or something.

I will not undersell this car. I have a spreadsheet showing I have more than 11k into it without the value of the car or labor (so 11k in just parts). I had the car appriased at $10,000 as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I will be 100% honest with you. Please see the mod list below.

Microtech LT-10s Standalone w/ O2 sensor

Microtech Hand controller

Koyo Aluminum Radiator

S5 Front Lip

Vented headlight cover

HKS super mega flow intake filter

Turbo Inlet Duct

Blitz Super Sound Blow off Valve

720cc Secondary Fuel Injectors

Ported Throttle Body

S5 Turbo

Red Top Optima Battery relocated to rear bin with stainless steel cage.

Braided Steel Brake lines

Hawk HPS brake pads

Eibach lowering springs

Tokico Blue Struts

Bonez Mid Pipe/downpipe/connecting pipe 2.5"

Borla Catback

Autometer Boost Gauge

Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge

Dual Gauge Pod

Profec-B Boost Controller

HKS turbo timer

Pioneer CD player

Top Speed Racing Seats

Corbeau Harness

Fresh engine build with a large street port.

ACT 6 Puck clutch

Steel lightened flywheel

Braided steel clutch line

Walbro 255 lph fuel pump

Alternator Dual pulley

Body repainted/dents and dings pulled

Greddy Strut Bar

3rd gen Oil Pressure regulators (more PSI!)

Corksport SS braided oil cooler lines

Vented catch can for the crankcase system

18" Stern ST-8 Hyperblack wheels. Staggered 8" fronts and 9.5" rears.

Sumitomo HTR Z-III tires

The car will make the drive to Columbus, OH no problem.

I saw this car being built and will attest to the quality and detail in this build. This car is a great way to get into the RX7 world and have so much good work already done for you.

Berto, I hate to see you sell it. Damn you and your common since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...