Chris' C6Z & GT500 Track Pics

Turbotrio

Here are few track pictures of our customers black C6Z and GT500 "Super Snake" from Kilkare on Thursday/Saturday. Some of them didn't turn out half-bad so I figured I would toss a few up. If you didn't see it in the other thread the Z06 ran 9.7 @ 143 and the GT500 spun to a 12.5 @ 119 I think. Since we will have both cars until next year I am sure you will be seeing them at many local shows/events this summer :)

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisTrackResize1.jpg

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisTrackResize3.jpg

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisTrackResize4.jpg

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisTrackResize6.jpg

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisTrackResize8.jpg

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisTrackResize9.jpg

Just... wow. I am a noob - can someone please link me to the mod list on the C6Z?

Brandon drove it here from TX bone stock with 900-1000 miles on it and since then:

Vortech "YSi" SC Kit

LSX 427 Block w/forged internals

ETP 6-bolt Heads w/Titanium Valves

Custom Comp Cam

American Racing 1 7/8" Headers

IPS Custom Fuel System w/ETP Rails

IPS / RPM Automatic Conversion

HRE and CCW Wheels Packages

ACP CF Hood

IPS Custom Alternator Set-up

Apsis CF Steering Wheel

ZR1 Spoiler

APR CF Chin Spoiler

PFADT Coilovers / Roll-bar / Engine & Tranny Mnts

AEM Gauges & Pillar Pod

Carbotech XP8 Pads

Tuned via HP Tuners by IPS Eric

There is much more but you get the idea...

Jeff

Damn thats pretty sick nice couple of cars? Did you say you are going to have both cars for another year? if so why? and thats a terrible time for the super snake, (no offense) something must not be right with it, what are the plans for the super snake I want to see it in person!

Damn thats pretty sick nice couple of cars? Did you say you are going to have both cars for another year? if so why? and thats a terrible time for the super snake, (no offense) something must not be right with it, what are the plans for the super snake I want to see it in person!

Yep, we will have both cars until next March when he is able to come back again for a few weeks :) He figured we could put them to good use at shows and such instead of just having them sit in a garage back in TX. Plus, we will be able to do little things he wants done as he gets bored over there and thinks of more things he would like done :)

He thought he could get mid/low 11s out of the Super-Snake but it just spun the entire time. The CCW Drag-pack and much stickier tires should solve most of that problem. The headers and pulley and tune and other misc add-ons won't hurt either.

Jeff

He thought he could get mid/low 11s out of the Super-Snake but it just spun the entire time. The CCW Drag-pack and much stickier tires should solve most of that problem.

I know he was in alot heavier car that made more power than mine did. but just for reference i went 12.07@117 on nittos and 11.36@125 on et street bias plies with no other changes and only 445whp.. he should def have better times coming with that and stickier tires

Did you say you are going to have both cars for another year? if so why? and thats a terrible time for the super snake, (no offense) something must not be right with it, what are the plans for the super snake I want to see it in person!

They probably have both cars for another year since I'm assuming the guy is probably heading back to Baghdad.

..and the GT500 spun to a 12.5 @ 119

I'm assuming lack of traction is why it got a bad time.

EDIT: I'm slow

MM&FF editor evan smith got one of these pigs into the 10's at 135mph with sticky tires alone. you're talking about the 725hp version correct?? 12.5's??? ugh.

This one has a 20" nitto 555r with little sidewall. It was skating all the way down the track. Put a 17" wheel on the rear with a good tire and it will go a good time. Plus he was alittle fast on releasing the clutch but I dont think he cared about it cause he was stoked on his C6Z pass. :cool:

This one has a 20" nitto 555r with little sidewall. It was skating all the way down the track. Put a 17" wheel on the rear with a good tire and it will go a good time. Plus he was alittle fast on releasing the clutch but I dont think he cared about it cause he was stoked on his C6Z pass. :cool:

they used a set of 17" bullitt wheels with good tires in the magazine. not a big fan of the wheels on the supersnake. there's a guy locally that shows up to our DQ show with an identical supersnake. great looking car in person, but too much $$ if you ask me.

they used a set of 17" bullitt wheels with good tires in the magazine. not a big fan of the wheels on the supersnake. there's a guy locally that shows up to our DQ show with an identical supersnake. great looking car in person, but too much $$ if you ask me.

Agreed, it is alot of money for that car or for a mustang at that.

I agree thats its too much $$ but you really arent buying the performance your buying the Shelby name if you ask me, someday these cars could be the million dollar barret jackson car.. who knows...so maybe its worth it from a collector standpoint.

Good point..